98 civic dx losing power

Roger Ward

Ok thanks for the help. Il prob jus fix the current issues and fix up the body til i can buy my b swap then go from there

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Roger Ward

Ok guys i was wrong on the engine. I thought it was the y5 because all the oil change receipts put the y5 down. The block is a d16y7 and the tranny on one side says e5f and the serial shows s40. Does the y7 require 2 o2 sensors as well? The engine has 2 o2 plugs so im not sure. I also see it is not vtec so would a vtec head b a good investment or should i jus use it as is and turbo it?

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
manilfold.JPG
Yes, the y7 uses two sensors also. Both in front of the motor. Switching this motor to VTEC is up to you. Not really worth it in my opinion.

Roger Ward

I wasn sure if it would be worth it or not. I saw there was maybe 12hp gain if i had they y5 and went to the y8 head. And i was confused on the sensors because it was made to sound like the only one 96-00 that had two was the y5

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Like said over a week ago by @XpL0d3r, ANYTHING OBDII is going to be 2 O2 sensors. Unless the car was swapped and reverted back to OBDI for tuning purposes, it will need 2 oxygen sensors and a cat inbetween or it will throw the codes.