My '12 turbo civic si

Mikeorock

,12 civic si prl turbo kit, 13 lbs of boost amd about 400 hp.. I love my car!! The work never stops..

More pics

Putting in new plugs today

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
More pics and video!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I feel like I've seen a build of this car somewhere else recently, it looks familiar...

Anyways, :welcome: and nice ride man!

EDIT: I see an identical car on Rochester_Spotted instagram...

Last edited:

Mikeorock

Thanks.. I'm in queens.. I'm on other sites too.. more pics and vids coming

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, wasn't yours car I don't think.. owners friend stepped in and claimed it got like 430whp though.. pretty sure he's your twin they look identical.

In for pics & vids though :popcorn:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
13 lbs of boost amd about 400 hp..
I've never understood when people say this.....do you not know what the car makes rather than an estimate. Seems like a fairly small turbo to need 13 psi for 400 horsepower on a K24

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've never understood when people say this.....do you not know what the car makes rather than an estimate. Seems like a fairly small turbo to need 13 psi for 400 horsepower on a K24
Meh, my car made 242whp on the dyno, I just round up and say about 250 :what:

Mikeorock

I had it at 450 with a dyno tune.. Then i had cit viper tune it.. He tunes it online.. His tune was much better. Safer, But not as fast.. So i cant really tell you the hp without a dyno... Understand now??
I've never understood when people say this.....do you not know what the car makes rather than an estimate. Seems like a fairly small turbo to need 13 psi for 400 horsepower on a K24[/QUOTE

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Meh, my car made 242whp on the dyno, I just round up and say about 250 :what:
I get how people use it to round up, but like you stated you have an exact number it made on the dyno. With all the testing i've been doing on my k24, if I were to round values up, I'd have a bunch of useless info for people because i'd have exaggerated claims of power and no way to prove it.

I had it at 450 with a dyno tune.. Then i had cit viper tune it.. He tunes it online.. His tune was much better. Safer, But not as fast.. So i cant really tell you the hp without a dyno... Understand now??
Yes I understand your use of the estimation....but I personally (notice it says personally) don't see the point in some random guess of power when you simply could have stated the before and unknown current output of the car in the original post, unless your butt dyno is so well calibrated that you deduced a 50whp loss via an e-tune.

Mikeorock

Sorry bro... Didnt mean to upset you.. Haha.. I figured people see a turbo, they would be curious of its power... Didnt think anyone would get offended.. The car feels almost as powerful as it did on the dyno tune. So i gave an estimate.. Wont happen again. Hope i didnt upset anyone else

Mikeorock

Anyway here is my old dyno sheet... I would say the car has almost the same power.. But much smoothed out qiththe vit tune.. I recommend him for anyone with a daily driver

This is actually the final dyno tune..

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ugh, Windows XP :lol:

Graph looks good though! Any current / future plans for the car?

bairdandrew77

unless your butt dyno is so well calibrated that you deduced a 50whp loss via an e-tune.
My butt is that well calibrated.. in the passenger seat I can accurately say their hp down to 2 decimal places :lawl: nice car though, impressive numbers for stock internals

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Mikeorock

Thanks.. Yea those numbers were pushing the stock engine to the limits.. Almost in the dangerzone..
Future plans?? Im always doing something.. Gonna start working on the suspension.. Just put cable and base bushings in for the shifter.. Also gonna do the clutch delay valve removal

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry bro... Didnt mean to upset you.. Haha.. I figured people see a turbo, they would be curious of its power... Didnt think anyone would get offended.. The car feels almost as powerful as it did on the dyno tune. So i gave an estimate.. Wont happen again. Hope i didnt upset anyone else
Nobody is upset....if you were around here long enough you'd see all the useless info posted by several people and understand my point. estimated and/or exaggerated figures make the forums a less useful tool for research.

and btw, 400-450whp with a K24 is not pushing the limits on stock internals

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyway here is my old dyno sheet... I would say the car has almost the same power.. But much smoothed out qiththe vit tune.. I recommend him for anyone with a daily driver

This is actually the final dyno tune..
You can definitely see the much better midrange improvement in the tune, but the weird thing is, one is a proper 4th gear pull and the other is a 3rd gear pull. 3rd gear pulls will net you a lower peak power number because the gear ratio is not as close to 1:1.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
How much torque did it make?

Take it to the track, that's the ONLY way to tell how much power it's really putting down.