F20B swap?

Kyle Kargazm

I'm a newb to engine swapping and need help. I have a 91 Civic LX and want more power. I can get a F20B w/ the LSD tranny for a good price. Is it an easy swap ( motor mounts and a few cuts so it fits), or a pain in my brain's main vein? If it isn't smart, I'm open to suggestions. I'd like to do something besides the B16, I know it's a great motor, but I'm wanting something different. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You bought a civic, you aren't going to do anything with it that hasn't been done. Google F20b ef civic swap, it's the same as an H series swap and IIRC it doesn't fit very well.

Kyle Kargazm

You bought a civic, you aren't going to do anything with it that hasn't been done. Google F20b ef civic swap, it's the same as an H series swap and IIRC it doesn't fit very well.
  • Hahaha, well I'm going to have to do an engine/ tranny swap with a Metro now. I'll show you "hasn't been done." I'm a boost the f**kin s**t out that tri-banger. Everyone's gonna cower in fear of just the mention of my one point oh heeeeell no you di'int. Obviously just playin with you man, that would be hilarious though. Serious note, thanks for the reading material. I think I'm going for it with the F20B. The pros definitely outweigh the cons in my mind.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Actually there is a boosted metro here in town, and some Geos came turbo from the factory back in the 80s. Now put that F series in a Metro, that would be different for sure.

Kyle Kargazm

Actually there is a boosted metro here in town, and some Geos came turbo from the factory back in the 80s. Now put that F series in a Metro, that would be different for sure.
Haha, I like your style. My aunt had one of those factory boosted Metros, struggled to PULL the ponies past 100. I just bought that F20B. Motor ( 40K), 5 speed LSD, ECU, and harness for $1500. I'm feeling damn good about it.