CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That only effects ET

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
....so how exactly do you determine the amount of power? Assuming this calculation would come from reaction time, 60 foot time, 1/8th and 1/4 mile times....which are all effected by several factors....i'm not seeing how that can pinpoint power output with some many variables. (I am just being a smart ass at this point)

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
If a car goes to the track, goes all out with everything being as it should you would use the MPH and vehicle weight to determine the hp. If it were me I would use the average speed of all the runs combined and use that in the calculation. Reaction time has nothing to do with it as that doesn't start until the vehicle moves. You really can't pinpoint wheel horsepower 100% anyway because it's simply a calculation. An engine dyno will always be the most accurate, but when it's in the car and at the track the MPH is what counts when it comes to seeing how much power a car is putting down.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
two cars.....same weight.....with the same actual power output, can still trap two different times if they have a different gearing. Change the final drive in one of those cars, and you have two different MPH but same vehicle weight, and that final drive will not effect whp.

and i mentioned reaction time, because drag racing is not the only racing out there.

what about when your mph at a drag strip is increased from using better aerodynamics? Does that equate to a more powerful car