Need suggestions! 93 Civic EX

93civicdxdaily

Sup guys, really wanting to upgrade my 93 ex, and you all know what that means. I want me a big turbo, with some kind of exhaust coming either out of the front fender or hood. BUT!
I don't want to get rid of the AC or Power steering. Im wanting to know what all should be replaced/added to the car to benefit. Heres what I can tell you about the car, Tranny slips a little bit, So i'd like a suggestion on what to do about that, and other things to change. I'd also like to hear what kind of turbo kit I should order, or suggestions. Any help is appreciated, please no hate, thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
What do you mean the transmission slips? Is it an auto or do you mean the clutch slips.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
A) That slushbox wont handle boost

B) It's suppose to shift into the next gear at a certain rpm, otherwise it would just keep revving and explode.

93civicdxdaily

Alright, thats why i asked for suggestions. Also asked for no hate. This is the second time you've came into one of my threads and acted rudely.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No ones hated on you yet. If using the term "slushbox" is rough for you then your hide is incredibly thin & won't last long here. You need to provide details on all your points. Otherwise, we can't help you.

Your brief tranny explanation sounds like the auto tranny is doing it's job. So elaborate.

Secondly, a Civic auto transmission and boost just don't go together. Off that alone, it appears you're not car savvy and should do much more research, possibly starting with far simpler questions.

Why would you want exhaust pipes out the Hood of any Civic, let alone an automatics ?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I see no hate in his reply either. :lol:

What I do see is a question that has been asked many times over the last decade and it could have been handled by research/searching which is something we ask you to do before posting these questions. You are going to get flack because everyone here is sick of answering these same old questions over and over again. :thumbs up

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Slushbox = automatic transmission - no flame there.
It may feel like it's "slipping" because if you romp on it the ECU says to switch gears at say 6.5k and you're still in it, it goes to shift and you're already pushing past that, you feel the thump into gear.

Unless this is a track only car, exhaust/screamers venting to atmo. through the hood or fender is a) going to get old fast driving it for anytime longer than 5 minutes b) punching your ticket to court in almost every state and c) dumping your fuel economy in the toilet. Every car you see running this exhaust setup are 1/4 turbo cars making well in the upper ranges of 500+ whp, you have about 10-12k to spend before getting close (mistakes included) before you even consider this.

You'd need to do an auto to manual conversion before even entertaining performance modifications in these cars.

Looks like a D16Z6 auto with AC/PS and a few knock off parts for an intake and header.

This car should be reliable so long as it wasn't beaten on and the best $ value would be the manual swap for now. There are several threads about it if you search for them at the top of the page. Fair warning, if you're not comfortable turning wrenches, running some hydraulic lines, ecu changes and wiring it might be a tall order.

Once you have that sorted out, then you should look into the long and frustrating road that is forced induction and there is a ton to learn there too in the forced induction section esp. the stickies.

All of that assuming you keep this motor or you're going to swap it... That is another story, covered pretty well in the forum as well.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you're thinking of keeping the A/c and power steering, may want to also look into superchargers. You won't have to worry about making more room on the exhaust side. I agree that you also might want to consider a transmission swap.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can boost an auto transmission car but I couldn't tell you how long it will last, hr tuning who makes neptune now makes an auto ecu tuning solution.

Auto trans is no fun anyways so I would start buy swapping that or getting a different civic with manual trans. Like stated hood exit exhaust would be annoying as s**t, I'm sure you would be cleaning your windshield alot and smelling alot of fumes plus the extra noise oh and don't forget filling your exhaust with water when it rains.