Spray Tint Issues

Shawn C803

So I recently spray tinted my tail lights and they came out nice with an even coat but there are these white hazy looking areas on them does anyone have any kind of recommendations on how to fix ?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pictures would be nice

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Being that you obviously didnt clear coat them, it seems your spray pattern was uneven and the wear from the elements is showing that way. Try polishing then waxing them. Thatll buy some time but you should strongly consider using a high quality clear coat.

Shawn C803

I was actually going to go buy some goof off today and start over the clear coat I got is a rust oleum brand but when I applied it I noticed white streaks forming on my tail lights so I sanded them down

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You may have simply used the wrong kind of clear on your tint base. This is a chart I found online to explain it. Usually, spray paints will say to avoid certain paints, which is why its important to read the label.

Over coat | Under Coat
|Acrylic Enamel Lacquer
Acrylic |OK Maybe NO
Enamel |OK OK NO
Lacquer |OK OK OK

Dont use Goof-Off to remove the paint because it will only make it sticky then make it difficult to even sand off the residue. The right way is to sand off all that you sprayed and start over.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow. Then you definitely didnt even prep it properly.