Down pipe acceptable Fitments for 2004 Honda Civic Lx

Es1xChollayy

So i Purchased an 01-05 civic 4¨ Catback Exhaust system for my 04 Civic LX. it Included everything besides the down pipe which i have to purchase seperately. i Have a Stock Header which has a built in Cat. Converter. But i Purchased a J2 Exhaust Manifold Header for 01-05 Civic Dx/Lx. So now i just need a down pipe to fit my new header and my Catback. ive Done many researches and could not find any Downpipes for Lx models, But for Ex Models. now my concern is, Can i Make an Ex model Down pipe fit my Catback Exhaust and J2 Header?. my J2 Header has an 02 Sensor bung insertion btw.

Any ideas, Tips or Opinions would be helpful, Thanks

_Idrivethat_Ricer

Down pipes are for turbo cars only i think. I ran into the same problem with my 05, couldn't find a downpipe with a 3 bolt flange. I took my car up to a muffler shop and the made a custom flange that used a tiny piece of my stock piping. It doesn't affect the performance even though it sounds redneck.

_Idrivethat_Ricer

And btw, that's why it's called a catback, not a downpipe back. The header on our cars should have a 2 or 3 bolt flange on the end. Either you have to cut off the 2 bolt on your new header and carefully weld a 3 bolt flange, or use your stock piping and do what I did. I would use that header though, your car will be loud as hell and you will for sure feel a difference in torque

blazer92

Seems you really to go with custom one to fit, hope that works out smoothly.