Hi new civic owner here

BgaNick

Hi I've recently purchased a 2003 Honda Civic 1.4 imagine , funds were low and I needed a car I could rely on to start when I turn the key , I managed to get it for a grand which I think is fair , it has a full history including the original purchase receipt, it has 106000 miles on it and it drives very quietly and smoothly .
There are of course a couple of small issues that I'd like to correct if funds allow , the first one is the rear wiper arm has broken , I have a replacement but can't get the remains of the old one off ? I've removed the nut but it's seized solid and I'm scared to put to much pressure on it for fear of breaking the glass ? Can anyone help please?

The second issue is the remote locking is broken and the drivers door lock doesn't work so I am currently locking the car via the boot lock any advice on a cheap repair here would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for accepting my membership

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your timing belt is due for replacement along with the water pump and serpentine belts. if your timing belt snaps or jumps teeth say goodbye to your engine. the timing belt is due at 7 years/110,000 miles Whichever comes first.

BgaNick

your timing belt is due for replacement along with the water pump and serpentine belts. if your timing belt snaps or jumps teeth say goodbye to your engine. the timing belt is due at 7 years/110,000 miles Whichever comes first.
Thankyou for your message and advice, as I said the vehicle came with a full service history which includes a receipt for the cam belt replacement which was done at 76000 a little late as the manufacture recommends it is changed at 72000 .
Thanks once again though for your help.

Bad_Karma

Respected
Does the passenger door lock with the remote and the driver doesnt? Or it doesnt work at all?

_Idrivethat_Ricer

If you have some pb blaster, that should help get the wiper off. If not, take the cover off where the nut tightens in and edge around it with a small knife to loosen the grip it has. I don't know if that will help (my car doesn't have a rear wiper ) but that's what I would try first