TheNR's '14 Honda Civic LX | Meet Lyla

TheNightRunner

Hey guys. How's everyone doing? My name is John, I'm an 18 year old car enthusiast who's aspiring to become a pediatrician in the future.

Here's the most updated photo of my very first Honda Civic, and first car!

Meet Lyla. She is a 2014 Polished Metal Metallic/Modern Steel Gray Honda Civic. I bought her from VIP Honda in Central Jersey with 103 miles. She is a base model, but keep in mind that she's also a 5 speed manual ;). I was hoping that they made standard Civics in the higher models, but I'm afraid that they do not do so. Apparently a manual Civic (non-si) is hard to come by. Glad she can be in the club. =)

I am not sure where I'll be going with this build at the moment as I will be entering my first year of college and we all know the struggles of balling on a budget.

The very first day I got Lyla (excuse the lighting!)

Hanging out with a few Subarus. My family is composed mostly of Subaru's, I really wanted to get a used WRX, but my father surprised me to getting a Civic the day before my birthday.

Like most of you guys, I decided that the chrome was way too much, especially for a base model Civic that had a chrome piece that basically runs through the whole front bumper. The dealership offered to paint the front black and to color match the rear garnish with the PMM/MSG paint. Took matter into my own hands for a much cheaper price and plastidipped it. Masked off the area and applied three coats front and back. =)

In my own opinion, I believe having the whole car with a bit of a stealth-like type of look is much more appealing to the eye. Don't you think?

For a graduation gift, my cousins decided for my first official mods was to add a front lip and HIDs. I don't know the exact brand of them so sorry if you guys were interested. I'll ask for the details later and update the thread.

Next up came the HID conversion kit. It was pretty easy, except for trying to get the bulb into the right headlight housing. I'm a pretty skinny guy and I still had trouble fitting my hand in there.

Before:

After:

Probably really bad quality photo of the lights, I'll try to get a better photo of it as soon as possible.

One day I was driving down the highway and I see this Dyno Blue Si on the other side of the intersection during a red light. He had a red pinstripe and I said to myself, "Damn, that is badass!!" To me, I feel like although we aren't GTI's, it adds such a nice effect to our cars. Cool part about having it on my car is that it also doesn't exactly "stick out" right away. You kinda have to look for it, you know what I mean?

Subtle Mods are the Best Mods. [emoji106]

Here are a few miscellaneous pics of Lyla throughout the few weeks I've had her.

Hoping to make my stay here a long one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ct.yankee672

Respected
Nice looking car. I definitely think it looks better without the "chrome". Wish my LX was a manual.

Sent from my E2281 using Tapatalk