Change...EM1 content

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
love it all. That one RT615K looks so out of place haha. I need to get my tire game on your level

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys!

Yeah Kerry, its a lone tire that will never likely see pavement...haha. Considering having glass cut (round) and making a wheel table with it, and keeping the tire on. Our media room, when we start to set it up, will house much in the way of car things. My signed Spoon VC's, Spoon team jacket, skate deck...you get the idea.

Friday fun day!

Battery tie down =)

And, I needed a specific full thread bolt and no one carried it...and the only place that would order, Fastenal, wanted about $12 each, with a 25 count minimum. That's cool, I'll just cut my own...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, one of my buddies has been about to go nuts because I havent posted any pics with the hood closed. Frankly, I hadnt even thought about it as its just been a project progressing. Here are a couple I snapped quick after some yard work the other day...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It seems I forgot to post the initial start-up video and walk around from a couple weeks ago. This was from the day the car went on the ground.
These three are from my driving my buddies ITR at the autocross recently...
And finally, this clip is from this past Friday. A rev up of the Si andnew exhaust.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Seat is scheduled for delivery on Thursday. I plan on taking that day off to ensure I am home to sign for it. The car will be ready Thursday evening or Friday by mid day. I have my alignment scheduled for 1630 on Saturday.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seat is scheduled for delivery on Thursday. I plan on taking that day off to ensure I am home to sign for it. The car will be ready Thursday evening or Friday by mid day. I have my alignment scheduled for 1630 on Saturday.
Looking good! Are you going with something fixed back for the driver's side?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks!

Being that the car is now retired from daily duties, I have decided to try a fixed seat. I've always stayed away for personal reasons related to daily driving. But I'm going to give it a go now. I ordered the Buddy Club Limited Edition P1 in black, like Kerry has. The true test for me will come when I drive it the 8-9hrs to TN for the Dragon event in Oct. If I can stand that, I'll keep it. If its just too much for me, I'll decide what to do. I could see myself just buying another seat for the limited times I road trip and then keeping the fixed for local and tracking. We shall see! I have high hopes from the people I've talked to about the subject =)

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks!

Being that the car is now retired from daily duties, I have decided to try a fixed seat. I've always stayed away for personal reasons related to daily driving. But I'm going to give it a go now. I ordered the Buddy Club Limited Edition P1 in black, like Kerry has. The true test for me will come when I drive it the 8-9hrs to TN for the Dragon event in Oct. If I can stand that, I'll keep it. If its just too much for me, I'll decide what to do. I could see myself just buying another seat for the limited times I road trip and then keeping the fixed for local and tracking. We shall see! I have high hopes from the people I've talked to about the subject =)
Yeah the whole subject of factory safety equipment is an interesting topic to research. My car only sees summer driving on the street so I've thought about installing an aftermarket wheel and something like dc2 recaros for seats. I'd hate to see an insurance claim denied though if removing the airbag was the reason.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, its potentially dangerous from the insurance stand point. However, I never really worried about that much. Knowing that I'll recover more in a part out than what they will pay me is my acceptable trade off. And I keep an OEM wheel not for that reason, but because I just didnt like having an aftermarket. But I've had the SRS disabled in my car for some time. I just dont like the system.

In your case, I'd select an OEM type Recaro for sure. Be it the ITR/CTR, Euro R or of the like. And at least you can retain passenger SRS with the resistor in place, should you go with an aftermarket wheel. If you do wish to retain the system function.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bro. Those seats are long gone...lol.

Update to follow =) Good things happened since I was last here!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
***WARNING - Some of this is a repeat for those that follow me on social media :p ***

Well, the seat came in on Thursday as planned =)

One of the brackets for the Cusco door bars mounts to the outside and forward seat mounting location. The Buddy Club rail was not allowing the bracket to sit as it should (it sat fine on the Bride for the passenger) so, I made it fit. I didnt mind cutting it as it isnt a safety bar, only adds some chassis support.

Fin!

So my buddy dropped by with his S13 he brought back from Japan (military). Stalled progress, but great to see him again =)

And, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saturday afternoon I set off from my house to the dealership for my alignment!!!!!

While there we found that my right side axle seal was vomiting fluid. I had a large amount running the length of the car and out the back. I knew I should have just replaced that stupid seal when I changed the axle! I ordered one with the expectation to have it by the end of the week.
And back home after the journey...

Sunday I was curious as I thought I might have an axle seal on hand...yep! New one will go into stock for the next time =)

Test ride after changing the seal...and adding 1.5qts of fluid that I lost...lol. Two pics just the contrast change due to sun. I liked both :p

And living on a gravel road life results in plow status if you dont catch the turn into my driveway correctly...lol. Otherwise, it clears the road just fine.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh my...no, just no...lol. The only way a TE37 would ever make it on my car, would be as a black edition of the TE37SL. Otherwise, no...just no...lol. But I just dont forsee me dropping the money on those, unless I find a killer deal. I just really like 949's =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I dont know what it is about them, I just dont like them, other than stated. The regular TE's are just meh at best to me. And I LOVED the white Starks that I had, it was just a pain to keep clean with any kind of compound brake pad. And 15x8 +35 only comes in SL, so I dont have to worry about regular TE's...they dont size to my liking...lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I got a snap while at lunch Thursday. Took a co-worker for a ride in the beater.

Friday I started shifting things around so I can get the garage setup the way I want it. I'm going to build a workbench on the back wall and put the bottom sections of my three tool boxes under that, kind of like I had at the old place. I'll likely go to Home Depot and get some of the unfinished cabinets to hang above the workbench as well.

Wheel rack is up, slicks and random RSZ-R out of the way.

Unwashed and dusty car back in the garage and ready to get the hardparker status on...

Rode out to a car show on Saturday, "Fitment Lifestyles" however, it was really just a hang out with the homies.

Only the CRX and my car in this row...lol. Everything else...meh...whatever...dont know them.

Only thing I took a photo of...lol.

Goes to a stance car show, pulls a Top 20 trophy...lol.