What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Credit is a b***h. My score went down 20 points after I closed my BofA account, because it said I didn't have any bank accounts opened for a long period of time.. that and school loans. Just did a check on mine, I'm finally about to hit 800.

You have a real good score though! Do you have a credit card that you use? Just remember to always pay on time and you'll be good to go in no time, I just started really trying to build my credit within the last 3-4 years or so.

Started from the bottom now I'm here! *sings in dumb Drake voice*
Also try to keep your credit utilization rate low, easier said than done when you're just starting out. Whenever you can responsibly up your credit line limit do so.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
About to leave work and finally get an alignment! Way more excited about this than I should be. But oh well. Have a great weekend everyone!
toast.JPG

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Local car show tomorrow and then looks like im headed to vegas sunday. Anybody wanna go?

ct.yankee672

Respected
Checking out a local cruise night tomorrow, and watching old videos of me driving in my Jetta. Damn that car sounded good.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Alignment complete. Bent lower control arm. It's not perfect but way better than it was.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cleaned most of the house
Stopped at Costco for two Polish dogs
Stopped by the office
Finally getting access to the closer garage
Drove home the long way, mistake

So a ton of time, knocked out lights, downed trees, detours galore later...rerouted to Chili's for a couple beers before rock climbing.

ct.yankee672

Respected
Ok, wheels are clean and the engine compartment is.......cleaner. Sucks being out of the car scene for so long and letting the car build up grime.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, wheels are clean and the engine compartment is.......cleaner. Sucks being out of the car scene for so long and letting the car build up grime.

Car scene? You mean like going to shows and stuff? Not in the scene and my car is spotless inside and out. I don't have kids or a bunch of friends to get it all dirty though and I am OCD about it.

Had what we were told was a true Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds. It was purchased by the VP of the autogroup here a couple years ago at Barretts. Uhhhh, yeah....not a true Eleanor, just a clone. It looks like it may be a true Shelby GT500 but just dolled up to look like the movie car. One of the thousands of replicas that are going around.

Fiberglass work is terrible, exhaust doesn't even come out the side (its a fake cutout, they dump just behind the rear axle), doesn't have coilovers, vents on the side aren't real, GT500 badging is crooked, gauges don't match, etc. I could nit pick it all day.

Sounds beautiful though.

ct.yankee672

Respected
Car scene? You mean like going to shows and stuff? Not in the scene and my car is spotless inside and out. I don't have kids or a bunch of friends to get it all dirty though and I am OCD about it.

Had what we were told was a true Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds. It was purchased by the VP of the autogroup here a couple years ago at Barretts. Uhhhh, yeah....not a true Eleanor, just a clone. It looks like it may be a true Shelby GT500 but just dolled up to look like the movie car. One of the thousands of replicas that are going around.

Fiberglass work is terrible, exhaust doesn't even come out the side (its a fake cutout, they dump just behind the rear axle), doesn't have coilovers, vents on the side aren't real, GT500 badging is crooked, gauges don't match, etc. I could nit pick it all day.

Sounds beautiful though.
Yeah, not going to shows, meets, etc., and the car being the only one for a family of 3 and commuting to work. Doesn't help that I don't have a garage or private drive and hose to clean the car when I feel like it either.

I guess keeping it stock and not showing it off all the time let me slip into a "don't care" attitude.

Sent from my E2281 using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When done properly, look nice in person.

Have only seen 1 in an NFLers collection and 1 on the street

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Spent 7 hours in the 100+ degree heat with my fluke and a 21yo crusty dirty engine harness trying to track down why we can't connect to the ecu/truck wont start. About to tell the owner to light it on fire and see if it helps.

ct.yankee672

Respected
Cleaned the car up nice, and headed to the cruise night. No love for imports, so parked and checked out the American muscle with my step-son.

Sent from my E2281 using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Sleeping in the Dodge in Vegas waiting to go pick up my new truck.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Need to clean the car, but I'm sitting here watching Lollapalooza

ct.yankee672

Respected
Went shopping and then stopped to check out a nicely modded SI. Ended up chatting for a bit with the owner.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just been working. Saving up money. Nothing new really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk