XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think the front lip will give the car a more balanced look with the wing. btw what issues did you have with your Tein coilovers?
I think you're right, at least I hope :lol:

It was a combination of two issues

1. Left rear coil just needed a height adjustment of 1/16"
2. I noticed that my rear wheels had different tires sizes, 205 compared to 225. Noticed the same on the front. I have a staggered set, so thinking nothing of it, I matched up the 225's to the rear and put the 205's in the front as they should be. This is when I started getting a thunking sound. As it turns out, the shop that mounted the tires didn't know it was a staggered set, and f**ked it up. One 6.5" wide tire had the 205, the other had the 225, and same with the 7.5" wide wheels. The wheels were originally mounted correctly, but when I saw the mismatching tires size, I swapped two out not realizing the tires were just mounted wrong. The difference in offset was enough to cause that noise over bumps (I have 15mm spacers up front and 25mm spacers in the rear).

Had the tires remounted correctly, and the issue went away. :thumbs up

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think the front lip will give the car a more balanced look with the wing. btw what issues did you have with your Tein coilovers?
the issue of them being junk? :what:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sub $1000? None...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the issue of them being junk? :what:
I can't complain. My first set of Teins on the Civic, was Street Basis. I had one of them blow within a couple months. I was slammed, though. On the RSX, I have Street Advance, and it's lowered exactly to what Tein recommended for their factory spec, plus 1/16" lower.

Bumps suck. They're rough. But normal driving on smooth roads really isn't that far off from OEM in terms of comfort. Handling obviously much improved. Overall, as long as these things last, I'm happy with them.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lip goes in for paint tomorrow :thumbs up

Also probably having the wing resprayed.. decided to keep it, but the color is slightly off since it's from an 05 (that color is very slightly brighter).

Starting to hear a sound in gear that sounds similar to brakes, so I think it's a bearing. throw out bearing maybe? Pretty sure I'm still on the original clutch approaching 150k so it may be that time...

ct.yankee672

Respected
Lip goes in for paint tomorrow :thumbs up

Also probably having the wing resprayed.. decided to keep it, but the color is slightly off since it's from an 05 (that color is very slightly brighter).

Starting to hear a sound in gear that sounds similar to brakes, so I think it's a bearing. throw out bearing maybe? Pretty sure I'm still on the original clutch approaching 150k so it may be that time...
Time for an upgraded clutch [emoji48]

Sent from my E2281 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Time for an upgraded clutch [emoji48]

Sent from my E2281 using Tapatalk
My thoughts as well! This thing MAY see boost one of these days. Just not sure I want to boost a 150k mile motor..

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think the input shaft bearing in the tranny is going :(

intermittent sound similar to brakes / chains being dragged? only when in gear, any gear. The second I depress the clutch it goes away. Soo boo.

Finished my 800+ mile drive from this week. Part of it was a work trip. The other, I went to my housemates parents garage; his dad owns an autobody shop, and he's very good at paint. Matched the color perfectly. Also got rid of the zip ties and reused the license plate bracket from the Civic for the front plate. Looks much better. It was really rusty like the rest of Gertrude, (old hag), so I sanded her down and plastidipped it.

I'll get better pics tomorrow, this one for now.. bumper (and probably whole car) needs a polish to match the lip now, it makes the rest of the car look dull lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well it's been a while since I've updated this...

Here's just a couple pictures of the new plate.

LOOOOOOL.jpg
IMG_6483.JPG
IMG_6446.JPG

I just had the windows retinted and the undercarrage re-sprayed to get ready for the winter. It's going to be nearly 60 tomorrow so I don't have to worry just yet, but we woke up with snow on the ground yesterday and today, so it's just a matter of time before the roads are all salted up again. :roll:

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Plowed my way into work this morning...

And will most likely be plowing my way home this evening.. snow is supposed to keep steady

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lucky for you.... It's raining out here...supposed to stay rain all day. [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lucky for you.... It's raining out here...supposed to stay rain all day. [emoji1305]

Well s**t... really? that's horrible news. you're close(r) to VT. I just looked up weather there.. rain all day. My snowboard trip better not be ruined! I don't want to drive 6.5 hours to VT to snowboard on s**t. :(

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Might want to fill up the trunk of that RSX with snow then...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Might want to fill up the trunk of that RSX with snow then...

Phhh we're taking a friends SUV. We can take more snow with us!