Dom's Latest Vehicle

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sold the FA5 to my good buddy Jared, Osiriss19. Got this to tool around in.

1998 VSM EX 5 speed. Bone stock. No rust. BAM!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I needed brakes bad, so I bought some PowerStop performance rotors and carbon pads. Really good stuff if I do say so myself.

To make sure we are all on the same page, the stuff on the right is the new stuff. :P

Inspiration: ej8marc's car

Anyways, I've narrowed the future engine swap to the good ole B16B. Reason(s) being is because it retains the 1.6 displacement, and who can argue with the 9000 redline and uber aggressive crossover. I was originally going to buy the full swap from a place in NJ, but after doing loads of research, I discovered I would still need to buy axles, mounts and a few odds and ends. Even though I was under the impression that I would be saving money, it would equate out to what I'd spend at say, HMO for the entire package delivered to my doorstep.

In other news, as I am now a Junior in my design program at school, I have decided on what I want my capstone to be for my graduation project: designing car parts. I have big plans to design my own, rear spoiler, front and rear diffusers, and miscellaneous parts. And I figured that owning a 6th gen Civic, one of the most popular cars out on the road today, the odds were in my favor. So far, I have a custom spoiler mount, and a custom wood shift knob that I made on a lathe in the works. Pics to come if interested.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thought I'd share my one-off interior pieces so far.

Real Ash Wood Shift knob

Custom Navy Blue Leather Shift boot

Combined

I have also made a template of the shift boot pieces, so I am more than willing to do a custom job for anyone who is interested!
=))

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
List of parts started coming in!

First up was some window visors. I did some research and scoped around, but could not find a set of OEM Honda ones. BUT i remember seeing WeatherTech products being just as good as OEM stuff, so I thought I'd give them a try. For less than half the price of OEM ones, the WeatherTech ones, fit inside the channels, like OEM ones and don't need 3M tape like Ebay ones too.

installed

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got a custom powdercoated ASR subframe brace and some OEM mudflaps from b18ctrb on NWP. The ASR brace is yet to be installed because I am currently working on a side project that has to do with another part I bought from the one and only.....Landon. :hug:

Also got a part that I was super pleased with: an OEM Honda SiR front lip WITH OEM HARDWARE!!!

And as some may or may not be familiar with a previous car I had (the NHBP EM1, with the orange bay), there was a time when I had half tinted taillights. Not having a set of OEM 50/50's and not wanting to source some, I thought I would try again and do it myself.

They ended up being exactly what I wanted and I am very pleased with them. Stay tuned, because I have more to come!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally!! I've been waiting for you to post it. Coming along nicely dude. Bet you're enjoying not having to pay for the fa5 anymore haha. I'll have to come down and visit soon to see it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally!! I've been waiting for you to post it. Coming along nicely dude. Bet you're enjoying not having to pay for the fa5 anymore haha. I'll have to come down and visit soon to see it

haha! yea, thought I'd might as well. Thanks man! I do enjoy the relief in double payments that's for sure. But wait until September when the car will look 100% better!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good so far! Excited to see the progress on this..!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice progress thus far. I miss my VSM 98 EJ

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ordered a K-Tuned Gen 1 short shifter from Tunersports and it came in super quick. i just ordered the shifter itself because I wanted to keep my custom shift knob. Haven't installed it yet because I'm waiting for a solid free day to put it in.

It's amazing how finely crafted and properly finished the shifter is. I am very pleased with K-Tuned. Their reputation is definitely on the up!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K tuned!! Ballin!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been thinking of getting one for the Si or a mugen box.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update!

Ordered the full NRG quick release kit plus lock, all in black.

Then after some minor hiccups, I got my new MOMO steering wheel (All black to match)

Got them installed. Was lucky enough to not murder the SRS cables enough so that they cannot be fixed later on. I'd like to eventually rewire or bypass the SRS system so that at least the passenger side airbag goes off.

In addition, I tried to get the ASR brace and new sway bar installed, but was stopped by rusted bolts, and the addition of 3 now stripped LCA bolts.......:angry: :banghead:

And then the same thing happened when I tried to put the K Tuned shifter in. The two small bolts holding the shifter to the first linkage wouldn't budge, and I couldn't get a nice grip on them with the exhaust in the way. And when I tried to remove the mid section of the exhaust......yep....rusted converter bolts. They have all been PB Blasted, and are being left to soak and hopefully, I can remove some of them tomorrow.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can bypass the driver side one with resistors. Look for a write up. There was one for the integra I was gonna do.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does that directly affect the passenger's airbag? If they are on separate circuits, then I'm fine with the SRS light on.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you just unplug the driver's side, the system may not activate in a crash. That's why there are ways to trick the SRS system into seeing a driver side airbag.