Can I delete power steering w/o deleting AC?

CarGuy

Respected
Hi, I'm the new guy. I have searched for roughly a week and can't find the answer. So I'm buying a new to me 96 civic that has what I imagine is a d16y7 in it (swapped). However it doesn't have power steering or AC. Now I have a 98 civic ex that has AC that works but has other issues. So here is my question, if I swap the AC compressor and lines over to the new car how would I tension the belt without the power steering pump? Before anyone asks this is mostly a commuter car that gets me back and forth to work and I spend a lot of time in traffic so AC is a wanted necessity. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Power steering and a/c use separate accessory drive belts.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you would do some research you would find that the AC compressor and Power Steering punp have independant belts. They have nothing to do with each other. You can evensee that on your current car.

CarGuy

Respected
Well, we're all allowed to ask one stupid question and I got mine out of the way early ha. I don't know why I was thinking they shared the same belt. Lack of sleep is what I'm blaming it on. Thanks for the responses guy.