My New STOCK EM1

Reefaman

Finally bought my dream car. A bone stock SiR recently driven by an old women who thankfully kept it in fantastic condition. Counted maybe 3-4 noticable scratches. Sitting on some not so nice wheels that are too big while I get the factory wheels refinished. Let me know what you think. and what I should do to it.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks nice but its hard to tell in that lighting. Are you sure its an SiR? I though they all came with the factory spoiler? Or at least the American Civic Si's did, which is the equivalent to the Canadian SiR.

Reefaman

It looks nice but its hard to tell in that lighting. Are you sure its an SiR? I though they all came with the factory spoiler? Or at least the American Civic Si's did, which is the equivalent to the Canadian SiR.
They are commonly made without spoilers unfortunately.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks clean! Welcome

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks super clean! :thumbs up

Will look much better with different wheels. Any future plans for this?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Spoilers were not standard.
Both the low and high spoiler were optional.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
As stated by Mr. Baker. Its actually not an "Si" spoiler as it was the Civic optional spoiler for 99/00. It came down to the option package of the person buying or what the dealer might have done to add a little extra to bump the price up on the lot.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As stated by Mr. Baker. Its actually not an "Si" spoiler as it was the Civic optional spoiler for 99/00. It came down to the option package of the person buying or what the dealer might have done to add a little extra to bump the price up on the lot.
Ah. Yet another lesson learned. I dont know why I just picture in my mind blue SIs always having the high spoiler.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, a lot of them had spoilers, so that might be it...lol. It was a common item to have. Maybe not by regular drivers that bought new, but def the next generation that started buying and changing everything up.

Reefaman

Looks super clean! :thumbs up

Will look much better with different wheels. Any future plans for this?
Well finding one of these stock here was a challenge in itself. They are either beaten up, rebuilds, or riced out. So a part of me wants to keep it as stock as possible but also add a little bit of character to it. I am getting the factory 15" alloy rims refinished to start and eventually a standard Si spoiler. Finding OEM rear lips is difficult as they were discontinued. Finding these parts for a decent price is another story. So ya basically keeping it stock and true to the Honda name but who knows what will happen down the line. Thanks for the comment!

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hope you keep it all stock mainly because there are hardly any out there as such. By the way, unless I'm mistaken again, Im pretty certain the rims are 15 inches.

Reefaman

I hope you keep it all stock mainly because there are hardly any out there as such. By the way, unless I'm mistaken again, Im pretty certain the rims are 15 inches.
Yea that seems like a good way to go and yes you are correct I was mistaken. These 17" are way too big.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well finding one of these stock here was a challenge in itself. They are either beaten up, rebuilds, or riced out. So a part of me wants to keep it as stock as possible but also add a little bit of character to it. I am getting the factory 15" alloy rims refinished to start and eventually a standard Si spoiler. Finding OEM rear lips is difficult as they were discontinued. Finding these parts for a decent price is another story. So ya basically keeping it stock and true to the Honda name but who knows what will happen down the line. Thanks for the comment!
I like your thinking! :nod: