Power issues at 2800-3000rpm while crusing

ziconceo

Hey guys I'm having a problem with my car that's been bugging me a lot since I got it.

Background:

The car runs perfectly except for this issue

Engine health is near perfect (No oil buildup on the parts AKA all shiny inside the engine) All cylinders show 155 psi +- 2 psi

The problem:

When I'm cruising down the freeway at 2800-3000rpm (depending on if the engine is warmed up) My gas pedel will be pressed down by about 5% When I try to slowly accelerate, the car will do nothing except make more noise (because the throttle plate is opening) the rpms will not change and no fuel will be added. It will do this even if i press the pedal down to 90% The only way for me to accelerate at all is to put the pedel to the floor and make the car downshift.

I checked the throttle body position sensor, everything was good. I checked the map gas sensor and everything was good, so I'm kinda at a loss. any ideas?

Thanks!

ziconceo

So from a stop this doesn't happen at all?
Correct, it never has any problems except when it's cruising, it's like it's a kickdown cable issue where it won't shift at the right point. But this car has no kickdown cable.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Should just be a solenoid that tells it to downshift at a certain throttle position

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Check ATF level and change if it's old. Low ATF will make ATs do wonky stuff. Just a suggestion.

ziconceo

Well I checked the ohms and they were within spec 15.5.

I checked powered them too see if they worked, they did.

The problem we the fluid after all. It was the incorrect kind haha

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

ziconceo

That sucks.
Yup, A mechanic recommended it saying it didn't matter what kind it was and I believed him, last time I do that lol.

It was motorsport ATF4 for Ford cars in case anyone is wondering. I put in the good Honda stuff and everything was fixed. Perfect shifts and acceleration!

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Yup, A mechanic recommended it saying it didn't matter what kind it was and I believed him, last time I do that lol.

It was motorsport ATF4 for Ford cars in case anyone is wondering. I put in the good Honda stuff and everything was fixed. Perfect shifts and acceleration!
Jeezus what an idiot...

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Yep lol guess that makes me one too for not verifying though. I'm just glad that no damage was caused! I flushed the system and changed the filter, no metal flakes were present =)
Nah man, if I paid to have that service done I would have expected the tech to at least use the right fkin fluid. Seriously so happy tho that your tranny isn't ruined.

ziconceo

Nah man, if I paid to have that service done I would have expected the tech to at least use the right fkin fluid. Seriously so happy tho that your tranny isn't ruined.
Thanks dude =) I'll be sure to give any updates if anything bad happens