JDMchristian991: My 00 em1 build

JDMchristian991

flush.
5+ Year Member
Whats up everyone, it's been a few years since I posted a car on here so I probably look new to most of you. My last car was a 96 dx coupe/ si clone that I had to sell before my daughter was born. Recent life events made it possible for me to have another toy ( and the boss gave the go ahead, as long as it was an em1). So this past june I purchaced this 2000 si, nhbp, 96,xxx original miles with optional rear lip/fogs. I bought it from a middle aged man in Washington dc (5 hours from me in SWVA). The car was bone stock exept simple little stuff and the oem optional parts. The direction of this car I want it a reliable, fun, drivable toy that I don't have to rush. Hope you all enjoy, i'll update weekly as parts show up/ are installed/ anyone comments.

Current stats: (8/4/15)

2000 civic si
NHBP
97,385 miles

Exterior:
- Respray in 2010
- Oem optional raybrig fog lights
- Oem optional si rear lip
- New si and civic trunk emblems
- New dohc vtec decals (oem)

Interior:
- Super clean oem black floor mats
- CTR red stitch shift boot
- Black mugen shift knob
- Alpine double din touch screen
- Si cluster modded ( si glows at night)
- Alpine speakers all around
- LED domes

Suspension:
- Koni yellow struts
- Ground control coilovers
- Blox lower control arms
- Blox front and rear sway bars
- Skunk2 upper control arms
- Skunk2 rear camber kit
- Hardrace balljoints
- Hardrace sway bar end links
- PWJDM 3 point strut bar

Motor/trans:
- B16a2
- S4c transmission
- Exedy stage 1 clutch
- PWJDM carbon fiber whale d**k
- Mishimoto aluminum halfcore radiator
- Mishimoto red radiator hoses
- BBP 1 piece 4-2-1 header
- Blox test pipe
- Apexi ws2 catback
- Yonaka solid motor mounts
- Spoon sports radiator cap
- Spoon sports oil cap
- Spoon sports res socks

Wheels/tires:
- 15x7 +40 rota slipstreams
- 205/50/15 yokohama s drives
- Black blox extened lug nuts

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice car. What are the next plans?

ldiaz04

wow!!! great find man! looks really clean. Im torn between getting my cousins hatch and building a nice daily or looking for a clean EM1 like yours.

JDMchristian991

flush.
5+ Year Member
Thanks yall. The only plan currently is getting the car resprayed in the next year or so(got keyed) and maybe some more spoon goodies. I'd like to eventually turbo the car on a mild setup and get some more auto cross seat time.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome back and welcome to EM1 status! Please keep posting in here, but also find us at www.em1crew.com and on FB if you havent already! :D

Very clean looking car. It sounds like you have a rough idea on where you want to go. Sure plan it and how you will get there!

As to autocross, check out www.autocross.us , its the VA hub for autocross info =) Your region doesnt post much on there, but there is a hyperlink to their site. But it also provides state wide info along with tech/FS...you know, typical forum jazz...just autocross driven =)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks great man, super clean car.

:welcome: back!

And autocross FTW!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats quite a clean looking SI. I cant say I look forward to you building up that engine because I favor unmodified SI engines, but if you must then make us purists proud and build it properly. And I gotta appreciate all Alpine audio equipment. Any bass plans?

JDMchristian991

flush.
5+ Year Member
Welcome back and welcome to EM1 status! Please keep posting in here, but also find us at www.em1crew.com and on FB if you havent already! :D

Very clean looking car. It sounds like you have a rough idea on where you want to go. Sure plan it and how you will get there!

As to autocross, check out www.autocross.us , its the VA hub for autocross info =) Your region doesnt post much on there, but there is a hyperlink to their site. But it also provides state wide info along with tech/FS...you know, typical forum jazz...just autocross driven =)
. Thanks for the info. Yeah we only have a local autox 2-3 times a year but I'd like to get into it more if my work schedule would permit. I'm on em1crew but don't post much.
Thats quite a clean looking SI. I cant say I look forward to you building up that engine because I favor unmodified SI engines, but if you must then make us purists proud and build it properly. And I gotta appreciate all Alpine audio equipment. Any bass plans?
If I boost the car it will be a very mild setup, something quick spooling. I'd be happy with 250hp out of a small turbo. Sorry, no bass plans. I've never been much into the whole subs and amps thing. I'm happy with a nice head unit and decent speakers.

JDMchristian991

flush.
5+ Year Member
Nothing crazy, but finally did something I've been wanting to do. I did the glowing si last night, it took me about 10 minutes total and I think it's worth the time. It's the little touches.

JDMchristian991

flush.
5+ Year Member
Well she got a new pair of shoes last week. 15x7 +42 buddyclub p1sf in gunmetal, 205/50/15 Dunlop direzza. I've always loved these wheels and when a buddy offered to trade I couldn't say no. I've always had a hard on for buddyclub parts when I could get them. .

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Before & After

Thats a definite improvement in my opinion. If I were you, I'd color-match the headlight housing to a graphite/gunmetal color as close to the rims as possible along with the fog housings. The housing look like theyre about the same as the rims though.

JDMchristian991

flush.
5+ Year Member
So I've been slacking on updates. Works been brutal and times been scarce. I finally received my spoon n1 axle back, spoon oil cap, spoon radiator cap and buddyclub type A shift knob last week. I had the n1 on my last db8 and loved it so I bit the bullet again and I'm happy I did. It's a little much for DD use with the testpipe and header but it's wife approved and manageable. Other then that not much has happened, ctr headlight and powercoat for the buddyclubs is in the near future once I decide a color .

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Goodies! Looking great man!

I have the white version of that shift knob...only found the black after I had ordered the white...lol. I should just buy the black and sell the white...