neon lights

cubanboy1993

hi guys, i want to install neon lights under the pedal dashboard, but i dont know how!! [emoji21] [emoji21] helppp please

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Install neon (probably actually LED these days) where you want, wire power up to some source such as parking lights (lights will turn on when you turn parking lights on), or to a constant power source with a switch to toggle them. Then find whatever bolt under there that would look to be a solid ground.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Did this years ago with some red LED sidemarker/running lights. Had a swag toggle switch and everything. Man those were the days. @cubanboy Def go with LED.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had blue LED under my seats that pointed forward to the feet. I wired a toggle switch into the dash (you can also see that in the pic below). Circa senior year of high school, 2007!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Xplod3r, I can only imagine how much brighter those were in the dark while driving. They look very bright. CubanBoy, consider brightness at night when choosing your light source. There are several power source lines to tap into under the dash, including the radio power and ignition power. Simply look up a wiring diagram and take your pick, then ground it to a nearby bolt or also tap into a ground.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It really depends on where you want to mount lighting and how much light you want projected. Just start googling LED car lighting and go from there. There are too many options for us to walk you through it, so do your research.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Xplod3r, I can only imagine how much brighter those were in the dark while driving.
Something to do with aperture on the camera when the photo was taken, I think (idk photography very well). The blue is slightly exaggerated. The switch that toggled the LEDs on and off (also in the pic) was too bright, though. I rarely drove with them on anyways :thumbs up The boost and wideband gauges were bright enough lol

jameskroth043084

You want advice. Ok. Don't. Enough ricers on the road with all show and no go. Put your money under the hood and grab a baseball bat and put a few dents in the body. Once that's done learn to drive that sucka then turn it loose on a few V8 nuts. For a price of course.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Something to do with aperture on the camera when the photo was taken, I think (idk photography very well). The blue is slightly exaggerated. The switch that toggled the LEDs on and off (also in the pic) was too bright, though. I rarely drove with them on anyways :thumbs up The boost and wideband gauges were bright enough lol
Ha! For your sake, Im glad the picture clarity is off.

You want advice. Ok. Don't. Enough ricers on the road with all show and no go. Put your money under the hood and grab a baseball bat and put a few dents in the body. Once that's done learn to drive that sucka then turn it loose on a few V8 nuts. For a price of course.
Simmer down a little, buddy. There's nothing wrong with a little interior mood lighting, when done tastefully of course. He's only mentioned some interior lighting and nothing else, so lets not assume he intends to go nuts with useless decals and bright lights anywhere he can think of. Now THAT would be ricey.

jameskroth043084

Lol. I didn't intend to come off so ruff. When I got my civic it was God awful. Now when people look at it they laugh and point and laugh some more. Till that key turns. And yes I still run d series. No N2o. Custom built turbo kit. I my self am looking for good feed back on some street legal drag tires. Just got a Hugh ticket for track tires. Lucky he didn't find the second fuel cell.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, who hasn't done something like this? I know I did 20 years ago back when I was a teenager. I think it is tacky as hell now, and very impractical, but to each there own and everyone has to learn their own way. I bet every single person has done something like this throughout their life that they look back on and shake their head, weather it be following trends that die hard (remember when body kits were the thing to do before Fast and Furious destroyed the style as if it were a parent that did or said something the teenagers are saying/doing and it ruined the image), cheesy lights, underglow, painted god awful interior pieces, sticker bomb (I know it is still a thing, but it will die like everything else tacky), tons of stickers up the sides of the front or back window, JDM :lol:, lambo doors, euro tail lights, halo headlights, etc....

If he likes it, it's his money and he is free to spend it how ever he may please. Some go for practical upgrades, clean up the exterior, or more power....others go for trinkets, lighting, cheap painted bits, etc. Why do you think that special isle at auto zone does so well in sales? You know the one.

OP, search. There are tons of write ups and how to articles on how to accomplish this. You need to do the leg work. This has been done for more than 2 decades on hundreds of thousands of cars from home made junkers that are trying to parkinglot pimp, to show cars. There is plenty of information on this and well documented ways to do it. Search on this site as well as google it and find pages of other forums with the information (this isn't exclusive to Hondas).

jameskroth043084

Hey, who hasn't done something like this? I know I did 20 years ago back when I was a teenager. I think it is tacky as hell now, and very impractical, but to each there own and everyone has to learn their own way. I bet every single person has done something like this throughout their life that they look back on and shake their head, weather it be following trends that die hard (remember when body kits were the thing to do before Fast and Furious destroyed the style as if it were a parent that did or said something the teenagers are saying/doing and it ruined the image), cheesy lights, underglow, painted god awful interior pieces, sticker bomb (I know it is still a thing, but it will die like everything else tacky), tons of stickers up the sides of the front or back window, JDM [emoji38], lambo doors, euro tail lights, halo headlights, etc....

If he likes it, it's his money and he is free to spend it how ever he may please. Some go for practical upgrades, clean up the exterior, or more power....others go for trinkets, lighting, cheap painted bits, etc. Why do you think that special isle at auto zone does so well in sales? You know the one.

OP, search. There are tons of write ups and how to articles on how to accomplish this. You need to do the leg work. This has been done for more than 2 decades on hundreds of thousands of cars from home made junkers that are trying to parkinglot pimp, to show cars. There is plenty of information on this and well documented ways to do it. Search on this site as well as google it and find pages of other forums with the information (this isn't exclusive to Hondas).
Lol. Never have I followed those trends. I have built 3 cars and one bike. All gutted, caged, race fuel feed monsters for street and strip use. Was just trying to save the kid time and money cause we all know in the end its performance we crave.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. Never have I followed those trends. I have built 3 cars and one bike. All gutted, caged, race fuel feed monsters for street and strip use. Was just trying to save the kid time and money cause we all know in the end its performance we crave.

:cool: