Last Movie You Watched Part III

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tried to watch Jupiter Ascending last night but fell asleep. I am a huge movie buff and NEVER fall asleep during, don't know if that is a testiment to the movie or not? Will try again some other day.

Just watched Chappie this morning. Not bad, those Johannesburg (District 9 producer, director, writer, etc) guys are weird though and that retarded "rap" group that they forced on the viewer is just terrible. Neither of them could act for s**t and their songs throughout the movie were annoying. The rest of the movie was decent though, would have been so much better if they weren't cast. For those that didn't realize it, they were the short girl with the colored hair and her boyfriend. The ones that Chappie called mother and father.

Going to watch both Short Circuit movies now to round out my sentient robot tour today.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mad Max 2 Road Warrior

I was so pissed at the remake, decided to watch the original

I never did like thunderdome.. wasnt too much of a tina turner fan in movies.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Gambler

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just watched Unfinished Business.
Not bad, but not something that I would highly recommend. If you like Vince Vaughn, then you will be fine, if not I would steer clear as it is just the same old sly talking character that he plays in almost everything.

Now watching Dark Knight Rises.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fury Road isn't a remake.

Just watched Rush Hour for the first time in like 10 years.

Well it sure isnt part of the original trilogy... SO IDK any other name for it
The first three (in the eyes of the writer/creator) weren't a trilogy. He says they are their own films.

He is calling this one a revisiting of he previous "world". Not a remake, not a continuation, and not a reboot. He said that if he had to nail it down, he would put Fury Road just after Thunderdome in the "timeline".

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Started The Rocketeer yesterday, will put it back on in a minute or two. Been quite a while since seeing it

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The first three (in the eyes of the writer/creator) weren't a trilogy. He says they are their own films.

He is calling this one a revisiting of he previous "world". Not a remake, not a continuation, and not a reboot. He said that if he had to nail it down, he would put Fury Road just after Thunderdome in the "timeline".
No metter how they want to spin it. I thot it sucked

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No metter how they want to spin it. I thot it sucked
Haven't seen it yet. To be honest, I haven't seen the originals either. I knew of them, just didn't know much about them story wise until this new one came out and I read part of an interview from the creator.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well the 1st mad max wasnt bad.. wasnt great either. The 2nd was the one that made it to the states and gained noteriety.. then the 3rd was made as the 2nd was successful..

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Last 2:

Jurassic World. Great movie. I don't know why a lot of people are talking s**t. The first one will always be the best in my eyes, but I would say this is up there with that as being my favorite (minus the raptor "training", that was kind of stupid). 2nd and 3rd, I actually didn't hate, but the 3rd was the worst mainly because I can't stand Tia Leone. She is a terrible actress.

Get Hard. Not super hilarious, but there was some really funny moments. The scene in the fake yard where Kevin Hart plays 3 different characters had me falling out of my seat.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
John Wick (again) earlier
Mad Max last night, great screener and not a bad movie. Drifted off towards the end as it was coming up on 3am

Hoping to get around to watching Nightcrawler tomorrow

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Vomited my way through Transformers Age of Extinction, now that it's on Netflix for streaming... what a pile of garbage.

Currently watching an indy flick called Advantageous on Netflix.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally watched American Sniper.

The way they did the ending, damn. Hits a little close.