Estimate on how much my 98 ek is worth?

newdaynewek

Hey everyone,

My 98 ek has 120,000 miles on it. Has Koni yellow coils, yonaka catback exhaust, tinted windows, sunroof, manual and has the OEM lip kit (the front lip is a bit cracked tho).

I craigslisted other 98 civics and people with even higher mileage (180,000) are pricing their cars at 3500. I KBB'd my car and it's worth is $2,400. So I don't wanna low ball myself and get ripped out of money I could have gained via craigslist. Should I post mine for lets say....$4,000? or push my luck for even $4,500?

I also have a set of Rota Grids. I don't know if I should sell it with the car or sell them separately to get more money overall. Any thoughts?

Ty CC! <3

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
List it at what you think it's worth because everyone will always lowball you, I've got about 10,000 into my civic not including the 4000 I paid for it and no one is even willing to pay 6,000 for it

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Post it for what you want. Realistically though your mods won't increase the value much. If no one bites then gradually lower the price. It depends on how motivated you are to sell the vehicle.

c00k13

Tbh, most people look for stock cars. Especially when they experience headaches from mods. I have a 2003 civic I paid less than 3k for. The thing I hate about it is all the weird s**t they did to it. But the one that really irked me was them messing with the wiring. Drove me nuts fixing that.

I agree in that the mods aren't going to up your value. People are going to go by what they think the stock car is worth. They're not going to consider the mods being worth extra.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd say $3500 is about good. Don't settle for less than $3000 if you want to be happy. Set a high and low point when selling a car. No matter what, do not settle for less than your low point.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I suggest you look for comparable Civics on craigslist and ask a reasonable price youre comfortable with and make it clear you will not entertain low ballers because your asking price is fair. Detailed listings tend to sift out alot of fools. We cant really give you an accurate number to request because demand varies by location.

newdaynewek

I posted it up on CL for $4,000 but willing to negotiate with SERIOUS buyers. I have to replace the rear right break drum but thats about it. How much lower should I go with the wheel drum that needs to be replaced? $3800? Also....The highest i've seen selling in my area on craigslist was for a 00' SI for $4,000. Mine is just a 98 EK. But i'm having someone come tomorrow to check it out for $4,000. I don't mean to be greedy but do you guys think I should have posted it up for $5,000? or is that a bit much for a 98 EK with 120,000 miles.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its all about your tactics. If you really feel its a quality car, dont except less than what your personal max would be if you were wanting to buy it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$5000k for an EX when Si's 2 years newer in the area aren't even going for that is a bit ambitious. If you can get $4000 for it take it, I wouldn't give you more than $3000-3500 depending on condition and most people would be the same. These are a dime a dozen, especially around here.