H22 or B16A CRX SWAP

thekid01

Planning on swapping the stock Dseries for a B16 or H22. I dont know which motor model so thats about it.
I plan on upgrading the motor before installation, Gonna plan on havin a mild or fully built head, an ITB with filter, and run 80shot NOS at the track. Do any of you know how much this will cost and any suggestions? Everything is appreciated, Im a kid on a budget haha.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

salahross

Are you aware the H22 is 85lbs heavier then the B series motors? I recently did a B18B swap in my 93 civic hatch which is around the same weight as your car. Man this car is fun to drive because its so light. My previous car was a 93 honda del sol with B18C with a 50 shot of Nos. I wasn't that impressed with that set up.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your on a budget and you can't fabricate then I suggest a b series swap, both are a little to big for the bay but can be done, I know soon with a b16 crx and it seems fast but I have not ridden in it, I've ridden in a b18b swapped crx and it was pretty quick for what it was. My buddy is currently swapping an h22 into his project crx but he got the motor and parts car free from brother in law, it looks like about $2,000 just to drop the swap in

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B-series swaps are definitely the way to go for simplicity and parts availability.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A swap, ITBs, built head and nitrous set up don't add up for someone on a budget.

Do your homework, shop around for the best prices and do one of the above correctly.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/ H-motors Online is one of the most reputable in the business, consider checking them out if you go the swap route.