Hi everybody

thecalypso

Respected
Just want to introduce myself. I am a complete moron. I know because my lady tells me everyday. God bless her. Im located in SoCal. I have been rebuilding cars, motorcycles and boats since my early teens. I started by building hot rods, customs and classics at around 15. Everything from a 49 mercury to full blown dragsters. Shortly after I started working on boats as my father was a world class experienced sailor . Later I started building motorcycles. My first Honda was a 99 Prelude. I put a F20b motor and T2t4 transmission in it and used it as a daily for almost 2 years. Coming from years and years of building american muscle I never thought I would like a Honda but I fell in Love with everything Honda. A while ago my lady wanted me to get rid of my "POS Honda" as she called it. fast forward today and I don't have a Honda car in the stable at all. Even though I have two Honda motorcycles right now. Just a bunch of old classic cars. I have been dreaming of building a budget Honda race car for a few years now and am starting to gather more info and advice. I got a bunch of friends with expensive cars and want to show them up with Honda love on a budget.

keep in mind I want to do a budget build. The first question is EG hatch or s2000?

Not sure if the pics go through but those r my two Hondas.

[/IMG]

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're girlfriend calls you a moron then you must be alright. Welcome aboard.

So do you want to build up a stock motor or go the route of motor swap? Either way, S2000 are way more expensive that a 5th gen. hatch. It'll likely cost you $6000-$10,000 more just to buy an S2000, but you'll have an awesome starting point to just build out the engine. As for the hatch, the sky's the limits on how you can mod it, and you can probably build a killer for that extra $6000-$10,000 grand it would cost just to get an S2000.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: to ClubCivic!

What type of racing? Autocross? Drag?

FWD vs RWD here, too. IMO I rather have a stock s2k than a built Eg, but I don't have plans on showing any of my buddies up either :lol:

thecalypso

Respected
:welcome: to ClubCivic!

What type of racing? Autocross? Drag?

FWD vs RWD here, too. IMO I rather have a stock s2k than a built Eg, but I don't have plans on showing any of my buddies up either [emoji38]
Mainly track days. Maybe a little auto cross and some drag racing. Mostly track though. I really have always liked RWD more than FWD but since this is a budget build I feel like the dollar would create larger gains in the EG?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Someone say S2000?

Welcome to the site, I too love American muscle

As for your dilemma, kind of comparing apples to oranges. I'd suggest the S2000 as you can build the car I think you want while retaining its drivability...whereas if you did an EG hatch, I think normal driving would be out of the question after the novelty wears off

But also know replica parts are mostly junk
And real parts are not cheap
Nor is the starting platform
But you get a better starting point too