Brake Lines and Fuel Lines

SaNdS

I had a small leak with my brake line was able to cut the line and flare it (my new purchase love it, always wanted to learn how to flare lines) and running a new line right to the tire. After placing the clips back onto the lines to remount the plastic idiotic cover where everything gets caked inside and rusted my lines the fuel line is now leaking right close where the clip was so I guess this is the start of a whole new set of problems. I placed a drip catcher for now but what I need now is
  1. Where is the fuel manual shut off
  2. Can I use the extra brake line I purchased to repair the fuel line they look identical.
  3. Will I have to drop the tank if I want to run a new fuel line directly to the fuel pump
Thx in advance.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please take the time to write clear posts. Make it easy for readers to understand your comments in order to receive helpful replies. That includes writing a pertinent title, unlike yours.

Ignoring the first three-quarters of your useless information, I believe all you're asking is if you can use brake fluid grade rubber lines to replace a fuel line. Im not certain but I believe fuel requires a different grade of rubber.

Regardless of that, specify which fuel line is leaking as youve havent said so, which makes your other line of questioning confusing. Why would there be a need for a "manual fuel shut-off"? And if youre not sure if the gas tank needs to be dropped then you should research how to change fuel lines before asking.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My last reply was plenty helpful. You probably havent gotten any more replies because you have yet to answer any of my several questions, and your title isnt clear. Most members here dont waste their time on a thread that the originator doesnt even take seriously as shown by your constant lack of effort. Hell, I reply just to prove the point and most others know I'll do so. Its become my unofficial duty.

Lord Hodge

Respected
My last reply was plenty helpful. You probably havent gotten any more replies because you have yet to answer any of my several questions, and your title isnt clear. Most members here dont waste their time on a thread that the originator doesnt even take seriously as shown by your constant lack of effort. Hell, I reply just to prove the point and most others know I'll do so. Its become my unofficial duty.
I've only been here a week and I know that.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk