Help 97 civic ex won't start

noodle_ek

the car started before but then I turned it off for a minute then didn't want to turn back on doesn't even crank .

THE BRAKE AND SRS LIGHT STAY ON AND WINDOWS STILL WORK WHILE THE KEY IS OUT OF Ignition already changed main relay and checked grounds .

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
What's the history on the vehicle? How long have you had it? What maintenance has been done? Other current issues? Auto or manual?

noodle_ek

What's the history on the vehicle? How long have you had it? What maintenance has been done? Other current issues? Auto or manual?
97 civic ex had it for almost six months recently put a b20b in it still obd2 with p75 started find after swap was done but then stopped realized some plugs where connected wrong then fixed that then checked main relay it was bad so got a new one now I'm still here won't start

97 civic ex had it for almost six months recently put a b20b in it still obd2 with p75 started find after swap was done but then stopped realized some plugs where connected wrong then fixed that then checked main relay it was bad so got a new one now I'm still here won't start
Yesss it's a stick

Car was pretty much stock when I got it Only a quick release was installed

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Sorry, wish I could help more, but my knowledge of swaps (and the host of problems that go along with them) is very limited.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd lean to the ignition lock cylinder being jackhosed.
I agree. You should put in the key and jiggle it around multiple ways to see if it starts up. Itd be worth it to pull one from a junkyard and swap it. If that works then get the new(er) ignition re-keyed to match the doors and you're good.

noodle_ek

I agree. You should put in the key and jiggle it around multiple ways to see if it starts up. Itd be worth it to pull one from a junkyard and swap it. If that works then get the new(er) ignition re-keyed to match the doors and you're good.
What you think about these fuse box plugs ???

Attachments

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ugh. That looks like someone got a little too crazy with the electrical lube. It looks like that blue wire had some sort of short with all that brown around it. You should brush all that crap out of both sides to clearly inspect the harness and reapply some only on the plug-in side. Look up a wiring diagram for the harnesses and see if that one blue wire is directly related to the ignition and go from there.