Starting problem

Tiro213

I have a 2000 civic ex. I just replaced my ignition lock cylinder housing because when I tried to do just the lock cylinder I was no longer getting the warning beep that tells you the key is still in the ignition and it wouldn't let me turn my key now that I have the new housing it won't start it cranks and cranks but won't start fuel pump isn't engaging neither is the relay the fuse is fine also my windows won't work

JohnE

I have a 2000 civic ex. I just replaced my ignition lock cylinder housing because when I tried to do just the lock cylinder I was no longer getting the warning beep that tells you the key is still in the ignition and it wouldn't let me turn my key now that I have the new housing it won't start it cranks and cranks but won't start fuel pump isn't engaging neither is the relay the fuse is fine also my windows won't work
Ensure that the plug going into the key reader is plugged in for starters. If it's not the keys transponder will not be able to communicate with the ecu and would explain why it will only crank but not start.. Not sure if this is the problem but hopefully it helps =)

Tiro213

Ensure that the plug going into the key reader is plugged in for starters. If it's not the keys transponder will not be able to communicate with the ecu and would explain why it will only crank but not start.. Not sure if this is the problem but hopefully it helps =)
Thanks for the help I'm sorry it took me so long to respond but the problem was that for this year they made 2 different lock cylinder housings one with more pins I had the wrong one

JohnE

Thanks for the help I'm sorry it took me so long to respond but the problem was that for this year they made 2 different lock cylinder housings one with more pins I had the wrong one
It's all good glad you were able to get it sorted