Dom's Latest Vehicle

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you just unplug the driver's side, the system may not activate in a crash. That's why there are ways to trick the SRS system into seeing a driver side airbag.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
True. Ah well. I will figure something out. I've seen a few tricks online already. I just need to learn how to soulder.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Slight update. I wired up the horn, turns out it was actually quite simple, just needed to extend the positive connection so that it connects with the back of the hub.

Got to rewiring one of the two new Inline Four mirrors. Unfortunately, after everything was said and done, they didn't adjust as to where I could safely see. Now I have to return them to I4 and I am hoping I can at least get some sort of money back.

Also planing on reseting my SRS light as well as maybe possibly rehooking up the cruise control. Time will tell.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yesterday, I traveled up to my good friends house, Osiriss19 (Jared), and we tried to knock out a few things: mainly the seized LCA bolts. We tried 2 impact guns, torching the bolts and everything inbetween. Once all that failed, the only thing left we could do was drill the bolts out. In anticipation for this, I asked Jared to pick me up some new OEM bolts from his job so there was no worry about trashing the old bolts.

So after 4 hours, the expectations were that we would be able to get all four troublesome bolts out and replaced right? Nope. We started on one bolt and it killed us. It broke a metal drill bit, which is now lodged inside the housing and we even cut the head off the bolt! Only thing left to do is to cut the end of the bolt/welded nut off the shock. After 4 Dremel metal cutting disks and 2 metal grinding disks, (all of which broke!), the bolt is still in the LCA/shock housing and won't get removed until I can get an angle grinder.....

.....Story of my life......

Night-time headaches.

However, I was able to get my K Tuned shifter installed today with the help of Jared yesterday giving me a hand with those ridiculous welded bolts on the top of the linkage.

Old vs New

First impressions from the quick test drive: super smooth! The adjust ability is just incredible! i can't wait to drive with it for a little bit longer!

Now I just need to get some new nuts for the new LCA bolts and get that grinder and the sway bar will finally be on.....yay.

Bonus: It was a warm reunion with the old FA and it was different riding in it again. But its in capable hands and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, that's my house! And my driveway! And my car! And my old car! Hahaha

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, that's my house! And my driveway! And my car! And my old car! Hahaha

Say it ain't so!!! hahahaha! Like a goddamn Honda house! Shoulda got a pic of the Sol as well to make it a complete family photo!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Hiding in the back haha

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Slight update.

FINALLY got all and any remaining evidence of the old LCA bolts out. Still waiting on the arrival of the new LCA's themselves. Should be here tomorrow.

The leftovers of the bolts:

Also the homie B-Man sold me a pair of Spoon socks. (First ever Spoon part :corn: )

While the car has been down and out, I tackled a few mini projects: tried to bypass the SRS light, (which didn't work) and I decided to paint my valve cover.

Before:

After: Orange with polished letters

Hope to have everything installed tomorrow evening. Just need those damn coilovers!

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What tool worked best for you to remove the bolt connecting the trailing arm to the lca? There's not a ton of room for me to squeeze my angle grinder up there.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Those are some pretty clean cut lines for all the issues you were having.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whooooaaaaaaaaaaaa!
:werd:

Coming along super nice!
Oh and 96-98 front ftw
Thanks man! And it's a nice change of pace if you ask me with the OEM 96-98 front, without foglights at that!

What tool worked best for you to remove the bolt connecting the trailing arm to the lca? There's not a ton of room for me to squeeze my angle grinder up there.
I first drilled a hole through as much as the bolt as I could using a 3/8" metal drill bit. Then I used a Dremel metal cutting wheel to notch a decent size crevice in the back of the welded nut of the trailing arm portion. Once I was more than half way through, I got a flathead screwdriver and pried into the crevice I made and was able to pop out the end of the bolt from the assembly. Basically, I used a combination of a drill bit, Dremel and a screwdriver. I agree the angle grinder is too large for that area.

Those are some pretty clean cut lines for all the issues you were having.
:ok: What can I say, I'm good with my hands. :pimp:

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
the struggle with those bolts is always too real. with each of my cars ive done that job on ive never attempted to reuse the factory lca's. its just too much of a hassle for me. the bolt from the shock to the lca has never budged on any of my cars but the other two usually dont give me much of a problem so i just remove those and unbolt the shock from the tower and let the whole thing drop out as one piece. then just throw on some new lca's and new bolts with the coils and done. at least that works if you dont have abs with the sensor wires running through the rear shock fork like on an integra. with that i just cut the lca to shock bolt apart to give myself enough of a space to pull the sensor wire out without disconnecting it. its always a crap shoot no matter what.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Shoulda used a sawzall
Didn't have one at the time. Thankfully, next time i shall be prepared.

the struggle with those bolts is always too real. with each of my cars ive done that job on ive never attempted to reuse the factory lca's. its just too much of a hassle for me. the bolt from the shock to the lca has never budged on any of my cars but the other two usually dont give me much of a problem so i just remove those and unbolt the shock from the tower and let the whole thing drop out as one piece. then just throw on some new lca's and new bolts with the coils and done. at least that works if you dont have abs with the sensor wires running through the rear shock fork like on an integra. with that i just cut the lca to shock bolt apart to give myself enough of a space to pull the sensor wire out without disconnecting it. its always a crap shoot no matter what.
Oh I hear ya. Hindsight: I should have just cut those shits off right from the get go.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like this thread so far. Please keep updating
Thank you good sir! It's going to be a long one!

Update!

Had an awesome time last weekend at the Tail of the Dragon with the homies. Met some new people, made some new friends, had a blast driving, got some awesome pictures and didn't throw up! (inside joke)

#TeamNortheast on the trip up

Met up with Rinker in VA and took some rollers of the gang. (Yes, that is my old FA if you have a keen eye)

Drove 11 hours, then met the whole crew for dinner then headed up to the hotel. Next morning for lunch, had a nice surprise waiting for everyone.....on Landon's car. #froglife

This little guy stayed on the car the ENTIRE time going up and down the Dragon, which still amazes me.

Other than that the group went from this:

To this:

In a matter of a half an hour!

Definitely a great turnout and I got to meet a bunch of EM1crew members and loads of new awesome people, which is another major part of this whole trip.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks for coming out Dom! It was truely a great year! We are looking forward to the next! Planning has already begun ;)