Civic 98' cx

christianos

I have a automatic 1998 civic cx with 1.6l and was wondering what I can do to add a little power. Cold air ? Or something. Friends tell me that I need a engine swap with transmission as well.. But we're looking at 7-8k if I do that lol.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your friends are right. A swap or turbo kit and 5 speed transmission swap would be your options for making more power.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a automatic 1998 civic cx with 1.6l and was wondering what I can do to add a little power. Cold air ? Or something. Friends tell me that I need a engine swap with transmission as well.. But we're looking at 7-8k if I do that lol.
This is why I always say, your budget will dictate your power goals.
How much power & how much are you willing/able to spend?

To add any real, significant power, believe it or not, for the first time in history on a Honda forum I will say this, "Your friends are right!", you'll need to swap motors and go to a manual.

christianos

Thanks bud, I'll just use it until I get the accord 3.5l

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks bud, I'll just use it until I get the accord 3.5l
So you're looking at the '13+ V6 equipped, 6spd manual, Accord Coupes?
Again, what are you looking for as far as power, what are you looking to do with it?
The Accord will handle much different, it's a bigger car that weighs about 700lbs more than your hatchback.
The power increase will be relative since you have more car to haul around.

christianos

Well once I save my money up I will eventually go for the v6 model 2010 + coupe for its performance and luxury style
More then the old school hatchback civic 98.