Mini me info please

Revvlimter

Hello fellow honda lovers. I have a d16 block out of a 97 lx and a d15 head out of a 95 lx both motors are none vtec. I bought a new d15 head gasket for this build. Any info I should know befor attempting this??

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

A mini-me is putting a vtec head onto a non-vtec block. I don't see any vtec in this equation... what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Revvlimter

:welcome:

A mini-me is putting a vtec head onto a non-vtec block. I don't see any vtec in this equation... what exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Build more compression/more power. It's just kinda a goof off until I put my bsieres in

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honestly, I wouldn't bother. I did a mini-me and it wasn't really worth it IMO. I ended up going B-series. If that's your plan anyways I would just save up for that. With the two motors you have now you're not really gaining any power anyways -- neither of those motors are Vtec.

Revvlimter

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. I did a mini-me and it wasn't really worth it IMO. I ended up going B-series. If that's your plan anyways I would just save up for that. With the two motors you have now you're not really gaining any power anyways -- neither of those motors are Vtec.
So I have a vtec d16 out of a 94 hatch should o swap that head on to my non vtec block

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That would be a mini-me, yes. You can do it, but I've been there, done that, and I don't think it's worth the time or effort to do. I had to wire up a Vtec light into my dash to know for sure that it was working; I couldn't feel the difference otherwise. I think it will leave you less than satisfied, IMO. I only had my mini-me a few months before I went B-series.