mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thank you!

And in other news...

In other, other news...lol. I went to a local meet on Friday. I miss not driving the car often. It really sucks I cannot get into my parking lot at work :(

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
congrats man!

and damn, all those pics, and nobody took a pic of the rear which is what I wanted to see haha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man! :D

I'll see what I can do about getting a decent rear shot. Anything specific?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just peeping the rear diffuser setup. Trying to fine tune my own ideas

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Congrats on the kid!

Please don't sell this thing...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks! And I'm not really planning to sell...lol. However, I'm not going to just let it sit and rot in the garage...haha. If over the next couple of years I continue to stay too busy to race and such, I'll probably part out and sell off the shell. I had come to this decision before we decided to do the baby makin' =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So on my lunch break I ran to FedEx to pick-up this nugget...crazy error on the shipping label that neither I or the shipper could figure out. So I placed a hold on the thing at the local hub. Ain't no way this was getting delivered to the wrong house...lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Friday I decided it was the day to remove the PLM Toda rep in favor of the actual Toda header. And I also decided that putting in the wideband setup was wise considering the obvious relationship...haha.

Comparitive photos...

And while I was working in the garage, a delivery truck bringing something from HMO for the wifey and her TSX...
SSR Type CSR, as seen recently on HMO's social media...haha...

I put them on the car yesterday. She will drive on them a bit and see how she likes them on the car. She liked the pic when I showed her and then bought, but its always different on the car. Personally, I LOVE them over the white TL-S wheels. But its her car and her decision =)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont give up your hobbies because of kids.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks fellas!

And mymmeryloss, I wouldnt sell off because of having kids. If I sold off, it would be a decision based on life as a whole. If I get to where I just dont have the time to devote to it, I'm not going to just keep it in the garage covered up and collecting dust. This year has been so busy that even if the car were up for the whole race season, I still wouldnt have raced much at all. And I know next year will be busy as the baby is due in March, right as the season starts. But I'm not going to base it off of a couple of years that had particular life events, moving nightmares this year and the baby next, it would be over a period of time and more normal life things. And by no means is the wifey pushing for it...lol. She thinks I'm crazy just talking about it. I'm just thinking realistic. I'd still have a car to enjoy, but it would be much more simple.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nothing special going on. Just finished putting the car back together and changed the oil as I'm leaving Friday morning for the Dragon Meet...

Toda warmed up a tad as I was warming the oil to change.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And here is the roll out to the Dragon Meet via VA! This is just a small bit of shots of course. Lots of people have photos. I didnt take many as I was rather busy just being the "leader" of the VA caravan and then dealing with co-hosting the event =)

Always make time for a group poop.

So Friday evening we left the hotel on the NC side of the Dragon and went into Maryville for a meet and greet. The weather went south very fast right as we arrived. And about 1130pm-ish that night we were back up in the Dragon crossing over to the hotel again. Tons of rain, fog and frogs. Saturday morning, someone pointed out that I caught one...lol. He quickly became the mascot of the event.

We had roughly 40 cars this year. This was about triple the event last year. Not all are pictured here as we had to move up the group photo to the very short break in the rain. Lots of Honda of course, but we also had a very clean Evo...newer, maybe a X? GTR and a Ferrari! I loved how the group had some more diversity in vehicles this year. Just furthers that we are car people, not bent on one specific thing.

This thing picked up a TON of crap..haha. Sunday morning when we left, the people behind me said it was just pouring out with leaves as they caught the air flow...Kerry, here are a few pics. Chester took some with his SLR too, so hopefully we captured what you are looking for =)

And, I made it home Sunday afternoon. Monday I was off and cleaned up the car a little. First wash of 2015...had to happen sometime...haha.

Last edited: