ObdII run good no ObdII no run good = ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RailRoader

Ok so I bought a 2001 civic ex with a popped motor so I bought and put a jdm d17a VTEC in it. Put motor in ran fine drove a few hundred miles with only egr cel light I left my Bluetooth obd2 scanner plugged in the whole time just to erase that code and to do some logging. However just today I took it out and went around the block then the car died didn't want to start then got it started but kept wanting to shut down got back home and in neutral car would not rev past 3500rpm hits 3500 then cel flashes but goes back out plug obd2 back in and revs all day. I'm lost

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so I bought a 2001 civic ex with a popped motor so I bought and put a jdm d17a VTEC in it. Put motor in ran fine drove a few hundred miles with only egr cel light I left my Bluetooth obd2 scanner plugged in the whole time just to erase that code and to do some logging. However just today I took it out and went around the block then the car died didn't want to start then got it started but kept wanting to shut down got back home and in neutral car would not rev past 3500rpm hits 3500 then cel flashes but goes back out plug obd2 back in and revs all day. I'm lost
First off, please show some respect to the forum members and take your time to write a coherent post. You'll receive more help if more people can understand your issues.

1. What do you mean a "popped motor"? A blown motor perhaps?
2. Specifically what EGR code were you initially receiving?
3. Clarify what you mean by "the car died didn't want to start then got it started but kept wanting to shut down"? Do you mean it shut off while driving and struggled to turn over or wouldnt turn over at all until it suddenly did?
4. Once again, what CEL code was it giving when it would tap out at 3500RPMs?
5. What do you mean "plug obd2 back in and revs all day"? Are you swapping in multiple ECUs, switching between OBD1 & OBD2 somehow?
6. Do you usually drive high-revving it constantly?
7. Who installed the motor for you and why havent you gone to them to figure out the issue?

Imagine how some of us feel reading that poorly written run-on paragraph with 120 words yet only 3 punctuations. Put in some effort if you really want help in return. Also, write a better title that actually makes sense. It sounds like a caveman fixing his Flintstone mobile and tells nothing about your issue.

RailRoader

First off I apologize for not using the grammer/spell check function Mr grammer police.........give me a citation.....

Second yes popped motor does mean "blown" every mechanic or gear head should know what that is reference to.

Third I did not elaborate to much on egr cel because it does not appear anymore since I replaced it.

Fourth the cel that appears when i hit 3500 and shuts down like I stated it goes away instantly and does not leave a hard cel because when it happens the motor does appear to shut down/lose power for that split second

Fifth when I say plug the obd2 back in I am referring to I plug my Bluetooth code scanner back in and there are no rev limitations and car appears to run fine...

Sixth I did the motor swap I know my way around cars ........maybe not grammer but cars I know how to work on......I admit this is my first Honda but I have done many other cars.

Seventh if Honda guys are gonna be rude like you then keep you comments and crap to yourself

RailRoader

Oh forgot to state that I had just replaced the stereo head unit if it matters

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
First off I apologize for not using the grammer/spell check function Mr grammer police.........give me a citation.....

Second yes popped motor does mean "blown" every mechanic or gear head should know what that is reference to.

Third I did not elaborate to much on egr cel because it does not appear anymore since I replaced it.

Fourth the cel that appears when i hit 3500 and shuts down like I stated it goes away instantly and does not leave a hard cel because when it happens the motor does appear to shut down/lose power for that split second

Fifth when I say plug the obd2 back in I am referring to I plug my Bluetooth code scanner back in and there are no rev limitations and car appears to run fine...

Sixth I did the motor swap I know my way around cars ........maybe not grammer but cars I know how to work on......I admit this is my first Honda but I have done many other cars.

Seventh if Honda guys are gonna be rude like you then keep you comments and crap to yourself

You come in here wanting us to take time out of our day to help you with YOUR problem, barf up a solid brick of incomprehensible garbage and have to balls to be a smart ass about it? Good luck in life with that s**t.

RailRoader

Lol ok I appreciate your guys help and apologize for the bad grammer didn't realize this forum was an English class. Never had a problem on any other forum (I.e Lexus, Chevy, or v.w) bunch of pre Madonna's here. Maybe I'll have to just type and speak at Honda speed.........SLOW..

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You come in here wanting us to take time out of our day to help you with YOUR problem, barf up a solid brick of incomprehensible garbage and have to balls to be a smart ass about it? Good luck in life with that s**t.
Well said.

Lol ok I appreciate your guys help and apologize for the bad grammer didn't realize this forum was an English class. Never had a problem on any other forum (I.e Lexus, Chevy, or v.w) bunch of pre Madonna's here. Maybe I'll have to just type and speak at Honda speed.........SLOW..
Its about writing like an adult to be understood like one. And for the record, no legit mechanic anywhere has EVER referred to a blown engine as "popped". Just as no mechanic has ever errantly referred to a scanner just as a vague "OBD2" which logically refers to the ECU and not the scanner.

...pre Madonna's...
:smackselfThe term is correctly spelled "prima donna". Google could've taught you that.

Mods you can delete this thread
We do not need immature fools who disrespect the time our knowledgeable members take to help selfish people like you FOR FREE. Its not rude just because you don't like it. I'm old school and we dont play bullsh*t with the weak-hearted. However, it is RUDE to expect help when you cant even spend the time to explain yourself correctly, as you clearly failed at multiple times. If you only knew how many members ignore posts written like yours, some expecting me to comment as I usually do in the hopes that just maybe you'd be humble enough to realize your obvious faults and show the forum respect by correcting yourself.

This forum helps the mature who put forth reasonable humble effort. Your departure does us a favor as you'd likely never contribute anything of value like the ADULTS in this forum do regularly. Enjoy your pacifier as you have guaranteed yourself no further help here. May a shred of you learn from this experience and grow up.
:flush:

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Lol I don't know what Lexus forum you were on but you do not see s**t like that there. It's stomped out fast, not to mention that in general those who can both afford a Lexus and have the ability to work on them do their up most best to communicate in an intelligent manner. Even the LSx forums are pretty clean cut.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lmfao@ pre madonna.

Reactions: HeX

XpL0d3r