new to the civic world

Dillon132

I have a 96 civic ex with vtec. 250k miles. Wanting to know what would be some good things to do/change on the car.

Also does anyone know where I can find a carb legal header???

Attachments

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Start searching alot as almost anything you can think of for Civics has been covered online. You simply cannot ask a more vague question regarding a Civic. Pick a direction, do alot of research, make informed questions and we'll help you from there.

What do you mean by "carb legal" header?

Last edited:

Dillon132

Start searchimg alot as almost anything you can think of for Civics has been covered online. You simoky cannot ask a more vague question regarding a Civic. Pick a direction, do alot of research, make informed questions and we'll help you from there.

What do you mean by "carb legal" header?
Well by CARB legal I mean California legal. Being emissions here is funny about aftermarket parts.

Well my civic is my daily driver, I was maybe wanting to go with a clean look and nice sound. I would like to keep fuel economy. I guess I'll have to do alot of research. I'm new to the world of "import" cars.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CA emissions legal is the more appropriate term as your car doesnt have a carburator. I'm not familiar with CA regulations, but I do know that if CA requires something different then theyll sell a CA compliant part thats stated as such.

However, if your EX is automatic then no upgrade will be worth it so just keep on top of the tune-ups. Even if its manual, just stick with the original header if its not cracked. Research will tell you why. I personally only upgraded mine to a MsgnaFlow because my original cracked so it was a good excusebto upgrade.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also sorry for being vague
I appreciate the humility. Not enough new members show that, which is a great sign that you can learn and be a contributor here instead if just a moocher.

Dillon132

Yeah, the manifold on mine is cracked. CARB stands for California air resources board... they are the guys who Make the rules.

Also I knew the car is fuel injected. I'm pretty knowledgeable on automotive. I guess my generic question was more of me trying to get opinion on mods. But like you said I should research some. .

Dillon132

I also would like to apologize for my short answers with my stuff being all over the place. It totally looks like I'm a bat s**t idiot

Lil tired and a long day

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, the manifold on mine is cracked. CARB stands for California air resources board... they are the guys who Make the rules.
Ahhh. I dont think Ive ever heard of that acronym. Inlearn something new everyday.
I also would like to apologize for my short answers with my stuff being all over the place. It totally looks like I'm a bat s**t idiot

Lil tired and a long day
Hey, it happens to the best of us. At least you're aware of it. You're totally excused.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 96 civic ex with vtec. 250k miles. Wanting to know what would be some good things to do/change on the car.
With that many miles on it, I wouldn't worry about adding any aftermarket parts to it without going through and doing some routine maintenance things first.

Dillon132

With that many miles on it, I wouldn't worry about adding any aftermarket parts to it without going through and doing some routine maintenance things first.
Yeah I'm going through the car now. I don't plan on doing any "performance mods" I might do a slight drop and exhaust if anything. I need to read do some of the interior.

Just pulled the head to do the head gasket and timing belt/ water pump too since I have the head off and everything is there already.