Headlight issue

TheUglyHatchling

Alright so I'm posting this here with digging into my wiring as a last resort option. I'm hoping one of you guys have had this issue and can lend a helping hand.

I have no low beam on the driver side. But I do have my high beams. I have swapped the bulbs out with a set of brand new bulbs and I still have no low beam on the driverside.
I looked around at different fuse panel diagrams(My civic doesn't have the paper that shows what fuse is what) and I replaced the fuse that it showed to be for the driverside headlight and it hasn't changed anything.

As I said I don't want to go digging into my wiring harness(I've already dealt with dealing with wiring harness issues on Hatchling 1.0) so yeah I'm posting here.

I got a idea of what it could be but I want to see if you guys have ever heard of the connector for the bulb just going bad? I know it sounds foolish since my high beams work just fine. But I've seen and heard of wierder things on a honda.

I mainly want to get this fixed so I can reaim my high beams. I've been running only highbeams since I bought the civic but I have them aimmed so far down so I won't blind other drivers as bad its hard for me to see.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
check your headlight terminal socket (which plug into the headlight)...maybe its burned and broke off which is probably the culprit...

TheUglyHatchling

check your headlight terminal socket (which plug into the headlight)...maybe its burned and broke off which is probably the culprit...
That's actually kinda what I was thinking. I just didn't want to start with it and end up feeling foolish.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, at least you're honest about it so you.wouldnt be a fool. That title is more deserving to those who pretend to know and fail miserably at it.

By the way, I have a fuse guide slip I can sell you if you cant find one in a junkyard. PM me an offer if youre interested.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's actually kinda what I was thinking. I just didn't want to start with it and end up feeling foolish.
Yeah but it's an easy enough fix and easy/cheap enough to try out.
Not foolish at all.
When troubleshooting, always start with the small, cheap and foolish stuff first.
Simple fixes are better than major ones.