automatic to manual swap issues

Crugar92

I have a 99 civic hatch that I am converting to a manual and I'm having issues I got it to where I can make it start with the manual in and all that but I'm not getting fuel pressure at all the pump isn't kicking on any help would be great

Simon Hopkins

I have a 99 civic hatch that I am converting to a manual and I'm having issues I got it to where I can make it start with the manual in and all that but I'm not getting fuel pressure at all the pump isn't kicking on any help would be great
You've probably thought of this already, Auto electrics disable starting unless the car is in auto park or auto neutral, is it possible there is a pump relay that is not energising?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a '99 civic hatch that I am converting to a manual transmission and I'm having issues. I got it to where I can make it start with the manual tranny in and all that (all that what?) but I'm not getting fuel pressure at all. The fuel pump isn't kicking on. Any help would be great.
Please write clearly and in detail, such as detailing what trim your hatch is, if it was all original, what specific manual tranny you're swapping in, which ECU you're using, if you ran new wiring or spliced in anything new, etc. Otherwise, you're leaving far too much guesswork and will receive less useful replies.

Last edited:

bairdandrew77

Which ecu are you using? So you're able to start the car with the manual transmission but it's not getting fuel.. how does the car start then, starting fluid?

Recheck your wiring and make sure there's voltage to the pump. Might also be a fuse.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk