Help battery draining !

Jamie1989

Hi I've got. Honda Civic 1.4 2000 model I recently changed to a decat pipe but the 02 sensor was aiming to the floor I went over a speed bump n caught the sensor n the wires touched now the battery is draining and won't put charge back into it I've had the alternator checked and that's is fine but I don't have a clue what to do next please help

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So you took the cat out and just left the o2 sensor dangling? What sensor and what wires touched? Please be more specific.

I would check all your grounds and check that o2 sensor wiring.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Explain yourself in detail and clearly. When you say "the 02 sensor was aiming to the floor" did you mean to say the O2 sensor plug was hanging loosely and was damaged from dragging on the pavement? Also clarify "I went over a speed bump n caught the sensor n the wires touched" as we have no clue what you mean by "caught the sensor". If you cant be clear then we cant help you. You providing a picture of the damaged part or parts could help.

Vetch civic boy

Undo ur battery cut the o2 sensor off and tape every wire individually it should be fine my o2 sensor broke when I went off the road in snow when I got it out put it away did what I just told u it was fine after u will just have a check engine light on replace ur battery with a new one and see what that does