• B16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B18

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • B20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jael

i just got a 98 sedan D16Y8 5-Speed, i just don't know what engine i want from the Bseries. what would be the best engine for the project. later on down the road i would like to add a Turbo.:lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I suppose it depends. B20 will net you the most power but has higher compression and won't stand up to boost as well as a B18 will.

I was exactly in your shoes once. I decided on the B18 route since my research had told me they are best when it comes to holding boost, at least stock for stock. I ended up going B18B non-vtec, adding turbo a year later. If it weren't for body rust, I bet the motor would still be around and kicking today.

There really isn't a right or wrong answer here, there really isn't a "best" motor to get. I suggest you look into each motor and determine what suits your needs best.

I refer many people to *this link* too: It talks about the different motors and pros/cons of each when it comes to forced induction. It's also a bible when it comes to learning forced inductions systems on a Honda.