pmac193's 97 del sol

GuttaGutta JDM

Dont give up on the sol, Just dump some money into it ;) Some low and some power she would be fun to drive, Ive had a delsol for 3 years and got maybe 2 months out of driving it haha, Your is clean and I love the 97 bumpers

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont give up on the sol, Just dump some money into it ;) Some low and some power she would be fun to drive, Ive had a delsol for 3 years and got maybe 2 months out of driving it haha, Your is clean and I love the 97 bumpers
Lowering is in the works. I'd only sell this one if I was able to purchase that rust free silver one a page back. About to make the owner an offer here soon.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Every civic I've worked on has always been a pain in the neck when it comes to suspension being rusted up/seized and bolts breaking! I feel your pain!!!

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Every civic I've worked on has always been a pain in the neck when it comes to suspension being rusted up/seized and bolts breaking! I feel your pain!!!
Yeah it's been a struggle. I'll need to cut both of the lower shock bolts and the driver's side outer lca bolt because of snapped heads. The inner rear swaybar bushings are trashed so I'll be ordering those from Honda along with some front sway bar endlinks. All that abs sensors wiring is tied up between the lca and strut mount too haha

GuttaGutta JDM

yeah my Si was horrible for doing suspension and brakeline tuck, but my SIR is a dream to work on ahaha never been winter driven and hardly been driven plus its been worked on a bit so bolts are nice and free.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Over the weekend I got some paint on the top hats and sway bar to keep the rust at bay.

I planned where I'll make my cuts to free the seized bolts on the rear lcas

and threw on some new hardware for the upper control arms

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the front wheels are on the ground, still procrastinating on that final bolt that needs cut out.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got the second arm out

Going to need to use some washers to fill the space between the bushing and shock mount. Got unlucky with these BWR arms, no response yet from their customer service.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any ideas for removing this piece of seized bolt stuck in the trailing arm?

Restotech

Respected
If you have access to a cutting torch, you can heat it quickly and alow it to cool and then try removing it with vicegrips. Several heat cycles may be necessary. The other option involves cutting the access threads of the bolt off, grinding smooth, center punch the very center of the bolt and drilling out starting with a small bit and getting larger till almost into the threads. Then run a tap through it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good homie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk