So here is a picture of her.

tyrexus

Respected
Okay, my tuning shop recommended a 24 mm rear sway bar so its probably overkill for a daily driver, but whatever. Im not racing that car. Thanks for the info, I am learning a lot through google and feedbacks since I decided to play with my civic.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

tyrexus

Respected
What do you mean by test pipe?
Did you have the catalytic converter removed? Not really a great choice but lots of people make it. What works well for people with small displacement motors like this who remover their catalytic converters is to add another resonator. The ones i have heard sound quite nice. If what you have gets too loud that is. Otherwise no point in spending more money if your happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After a week, I think I'll take your advice. I had my sunroof open and drove under an overpass as I floored it on the freeway , and that horrid rasp almost overpowered everything else. Really embarrassing. I did some research on it as well and it looks promising. Thanks.

dancam

Registered VIP
Ok cool, let us know how it sounds when its done. I would like to know how well it works for your car.
As far as the body roll, you did make sure the struts are still in good shape right? It is the design of the car that has too much roll for you and not just blown shocks?

tyrexus

Respected
Struts should be good. They are less than two years old. I'll have them reinstalled and have the away bar put on as well tomorrow. My roommate installed them first upside down and did a bunch of half assed jobs on my car, until he dissed my civic and said it was s**t. I had to take it apart many more times as the struts were making groaning noises as well since day one. I insisted in getting coilovers all together but the tuner shop guy said my current set are good quality stuff and that a proper install is all I need.

tyrexus

Respected
Ok cool, let us know how it sounds when its done. I would like to know how well it works for your car.
As far as the body roll, you did make sure the struts are still in good shape right? It is the design of the car that has too much roll for you and not just blown shocks?

Struts were gone I ended up getting new stuff.
UPDATE: ASR 24 mm swaybar and reinforcement kit, silver, soft setting; BLOX tuner series coilovers; BWR rear lower control arms.

It was too much fun driving around the same routes where my car would roll and have it own those uphill/downhill turns with minimal roll. The handling of the car now is amazing! On the freeway the response is quick when changing lanes with minimal steering input (love it!) The only thing I am not digging is the rear bouncing a bit too much when going over bumps. Any ideas why? Does the swaybar setting has anything to do with it or is it just how the coilovers are?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

One thing that I dislike about the 96-00 sedans, the rear trunk and tails.
Thank goodness for the Acura EL tails and trunk, worth the aesthetics if you like the look of it, and it's a bit different.

tyrexus

Respected
One thing that I dislike about the 96-00 sedans, the rear trunk and tails.
Thank goodness for the Acura EL tails and trunk, worth the aesthetics if you like the look of it, and it's a bit different.
That idea has crossed my mind. I do prefer the el's rear end as well. Will look into that once I get started with the body work.

tyrexus

Respected
What do you mean by test pipe?
Did you have the catalytic converter removed? Not really a great choice but lots of people make it. What works well for people with small displacement motors like this who remover their catalytic converters is to add another resonator. The ones i have heard sound quite nice. If what you have gets too loud that is. Otherwise no point in spending more money if your happy.

I ended up getting a high flow cat and new o2 sensor( the other got fused onto the old cat by rust) Huge difference. Opened the windows and drove in a mile long tunnel at freeway speeds. Sounded really nice! No more engine light.

dancam

Registered VIP
I ended up getting a high flow cat and new o2 sensor( the other got fused onto the old cat by rust) Huge difference. Opened the windows and drove in a mile long tunnel at freeway speeds. Sounded really nice! No more engine light.

Good! By nice you mean its still quite loud just not annoying/raspy now?
Have your new coilovers settled in or is it still bouncy?

tyrexus

Respected
Good! By nice you mean its still quite loud just not annoying/raspy now?
Have your new coilovers settled in or is it still bouncy?

The rasp is pretty much gone. Still loud. At least I know not to take out the cat next time. Lesson learned.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats a great lesson learned. Any plans to potentially add a high-flow cat down the line?