Bye 240SX...hello toyobaru

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Well the whole point of the BRZ isn't about power, it's about the feel of the car. I'm glad they didn't build something that is unbalanced and just to appeal to the wreckless millenials haha. It's a recreation of the old 86 which wasn't a power house, but rather a perfectly balanced car. From talking with other FRS/BRZ owners, a turbo pretty much ruins the 'feel' of the car. But then again, it all depends on what you're into. I'm sure sometime in the future they'll offer an option for a turbocharged version but we'll see. Only time will tell!

There's some images of a 'facelift' version of the BRZ floating around of a masked car, the bumper looks hideous and the stupid spoiler they put on it looks ridiculous haha. I'll see if I can find them
I guess I just have to ride in one to see what all the fuss is about.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You definitely should man!

Got these in last night

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not many updates here

Tried sliding the car, went alright but I have lots to learn lol

Sold the TE's, bought some Tom's tail lights

More updates over the winter. Kind of want to do an aggressive wheel/tire setup..less offset, more meaty tire

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Love those wheels on the car. Sliding takes time my buddy had a vette and out of no where he was drifting around a empty parking lot like a pro. Apparently he used to practice by himself until he was good enough not to look like an ass...

Love your car though, great set up!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Love those wheels on the car. Sliding takes time my buddy had a vette and out of no where he was drifting around a empty parking lot like a pro. Apparently he used to practice by himself until he was good enough not to look like an ass...

Love your car though, great set up!
Thanks! I practice a bit but nothing too crazy. I'll just continue to look like an ass till I get decent haha

Toms tails, best mod for the car!!!
The rear end looks wicked!
Thanks guys!

Nothing new, just saving cash for the holidays then the real fun begins next year! Only small update is I ordered a new exhaust because my current Greddy SP is way too quiet.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks! I practice a bit but nothing too crazy. I'll just continue to look like an ass till I get decent haha

Thanks guys!

Nothing new, just saving cash for the holidays then the real fun begins next year! Only small update is I ordered a new exhaust because my current Greddy SP is way too quiet.

These cars are starting to grow on me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They're cool but I should have waited to buy one lol. They're dropping in value pretty quickly.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Changing the car up a bit this time around, going for more of a functional setup and doing some auto cross/time attack this year. Sold most the parts off the car to start fresh.

Starting slow, but so far I have Tein Flex Z coilovers, Advan RCII's and Work lugs. Next are a few aero parts, BBK, then suspension and motor upgrades from here on out! The Advans are going to be powdercoated white in the near future. Gold looks okay, just not my cup of tea.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That weird what is car guy edited his post last month and it was all spam. That was weird, never had spam hijack another thread before. Anyways, car is looking good man! Powder coating those wheels white will look great :thumbs up

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haven't updated this in awhile, the progress was slow but here it was!

Found a great deal on some silver RCII's, so parted ways with the gold ones rather than powder coating them. They were in much better shape with no curb rash and already re-coated. Paired those with some Yokohama Advan AD08R's

Took the car to a time attack and it was a blast! The car did amazing, and for my first event I did fairly well. Beat most the Sti/Evo times out there along with some other cars. I didn't however beat the other FRS/BRZ guys, they were hauling ass!

Then I finally upgraded my axleback exhaust to a Greddy Revolution RS catback

Literally that night after leaving work, I headed to the bar with some old friends to get a couple beers. As I was sitting there...I hear a loud bang, then more loud bangs. Look outside and what do I see? A crazy ass hail storm. Figures...
The next morning:

Totaled! Met with insurance, and they deemed it a total loss. They offered me a $10000 to keep the car, or $18.5k to take the car. I said f**k it, take it. 10K wouldn't even touch the repair costs of this thing, and I can't be driving an ugly ass car lol. So I parted the car back to stock and they took it.

After only a couple months with no car, I needed to find something. But, rather than a newer car I'd be doing payments on and have a regretful feeling modding, I went back to my roots, (well, kinda). Found a 10th Anniversary RX7 rolling shell, and said f**k it! Lets rebuild this thing and make it into a grip monster.

Came with bronze glass from factory. Really glad they were all still here intact!

Ill make yet another new thread sharing my progress on this one. The main purpose of the car will be to restore it to it's prior glory, then mod the car to be my new grip car. But because this isn't my daily driver, it won't be sitting outside to get totaled by the hail...damn you Colorado.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sucks about the hail damage/totaling the car out.

where did you do the time attack by the way? I have no idea when/where anything like that or autox goes down here in CO.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Holy crap!!! But that payout and keeping the car would have made for a fun track car...as is. HAHA!!

But I approve much more of the new toy. Look forward to yet another in your saga! :D

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Holy hail damage...

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sucks about the hail damage/totaling the car out.

where did you do the time attack by the way? I have no idea when/where anything like that or autox goes down here in CO.
They have events at PPIR once a month on the infield, but I'm trying to get to some events at High Plains raceway.

Holy crap!!! But that payout and keeping the car would have made for a fun track car...as is. HAHA!!

But I approve much more of the new toy. Look forward to yet another in your saga! :D
It would have been! But I didn't want to do all the body work and I hate having ugly cars lol :/

Thanks man!

Holy hail damage...
You can say that again!

New build thread being made now.