1993 Civic LX need help with wiring/electric

Rudy P

Hi guys, I recently bought a 4 Cylinder standard 1993 Honda Civic LX, great car just small things here and there that need tending to.
Anyways, It didn't have a stereo so I bought a wiring harness and a aftermarket stereo and connected it. The thing is the radio doesn't want to turn on, I checked the fuse for the radio and it's fine, the cigarette lighter works and everything. I'm just checking to see if there's a different fuse I should be checking or any help I get with this. I have checked the fuse on the back of the new stereo and it's fine.
I do have the Civic without power windows or locks or moonroof so all the fuse diagrams I've been seeing have power options in the fuse box so if I someone had the fuse box that pertains to my type of Civic that would be great.
One thing I think that might be effecting this is the dimmer switch for the dash is going bad, like it will turn off the dash lights and I'll have to roll it around a bit until it turns the dash lights back on.
Any help I can get would be much obliged, this is my first time with any forum so thanks.

Restotech

Respected
Check the backup fuse in the under hood fuse box. 7.5 amp I believe. If that's good double check your stereo wiring. Did you install the adapter harness for the stereo?

Rudy P

Check the backup fuse in the under hood fuse box. 7.5 amp I believe. If that's good double check your stereo wiring. Did you install the adapter harness for the stereo?
What fuse would that be? And I did use a harness, I used a raptor radio wire harness

Restotech

Respected
It's the one labeled back up. And yes that's the harness. Pretty much plug and play. Match color to color.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty much plug and play. Match color to color.
There are occasional color exceptions for certain radio brands. Double check you radios wiring diagram with the harness you used also make sure your ground is well connected.