Front brake clicking sound

myfavecoupe

I had all my front brakes replaced the other day (rotors/pads) and now I notice a metal "click" sound at low speeds when applying the brakes and turning left.

Doesn't happen at crushing speeds or when braking and turning right.

It's not consistent it's off and on. Any idea what this could be?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Only when turning? Sounds like a CV joint may be going bad.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmm.. well, it sounds like either the rotors or pads were installed incorrectly. Can you narrow it down to one wheel? If you had the work done at a shop, I would go back to them and let them know of the issue, and see if they can help you out. A reputable shop should fix it free of charge.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its possible the brake line wasnt repositioned properly on that caliper and it stretches or shortens then rubs somewhere. Put that side up on a jackstand and remove the tire the inspect it at the turn point where it tends to make the noise. You might notice whatever it may be.

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The brake line wasn't removed though?

I took the wheel off and went over everything, only thing I noticed was the backing plate had bent forward a bit and snagged. I bent it back and the noise went away, however couple days after and I heard it again so idk now :-/

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then inspect it again.:what: If it bent again then either you installed something incorrectly or the caliper is malfunctioning somehow and allowing it to move. To you properly seal in the backing shim?

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did and I even reapplied grease on the pads and slide pins.

The pads were a tight fit in the retaining springs so nothing looked loose.

I could feel the backing plate through my rims and it didn't seem bent forward like the first time I noticed