Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad the stripes can come off! Good news for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

dancam

Registered VIP
No, it was the rag I used because the scratches are correspondent to the way I was rubbing the rag on the paint. To be honest, it looks like they didn't even sand the paint down at all when they painted them on... I can almost chip them off with my finger nail...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, craziness... Well at least it came off! Did you try any polish yet?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, I got sick of having broken and cracked fog lights... For now they're just cheap eBay lights. They fit decently...light wise. The brackets that came with them fit like garbage. So, I just put the light housings into the OEM bracket, and they fit and look pretty good, I think (especially for cheap eBay units).

IMG_1598.JPG IMG_1599.JPG IMG_1600.JPG

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Fogs look good man! Get rid of that license plate frame though, or paint it flat black or something

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha yea. I just haven't done it yet. I'm going to be working on the stripes this weekend since it's supposed to be nice-ish out. I'll do it then lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the 8th gen club!! I have a 2009 four door. Excellent cars and respond very well to bolts with a tune. Definitely recommend a Flashpro if you're doing anything performance wise. Adding a full exhaust and intake with Flashpro can yield as much as 30+ hp with a tune. Looks good, hope you have luck removing those stripes!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dood, thats some cheap flat black rattle can s**t. ugh, they make me wanna throw up, thats a really nice car till you see the stripes then its just blehhgadsjdfafadncjs;df

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the 8th gen club!! I have a 2009 four door. Excellent cars and respond very well to bolts with a tune. Definitely recommend a Flashpro if you're doing anything performance wise. Adding a full exhaust and intake with Flashpro can yield as much as 30+ hp with a tune. Looks good, hope you have luck removing those stripes!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
PM'd for more info, since all the 'active' 8th Gen forums are all dead...

Plus, bonus points for having my quote in your sig (that's easily 6 years old...lol)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

On vacation in warm NoVirginia, so I decided to do some work. Have the front bumper and roof left for stripes. I've sanded and buffed the hood and rear bumper (was too dark for a good pic of the hood...). Hoping to have it all done by the 1st if the year.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

On vacation in warm NoVirginia, so I decided to do some work. Have the front bumper and roof left for stripes. I've sanded and buffed the hood and rear bumper (was too dark for a good pic of the hood...). Hoping to have it all done by the 1st if the year.

:thumbs up way better

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks sooooo much better!

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
aww man, I loved those stripes... said no one ever!

Great job getting those off, looks so much better!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys. I'm BEYOND happy with how it all looks. This morning I'm finishing up the roof, then it'll be all done (minus two small spots...3rd brake light area on the spoiler and the other side of the front grill). It literally looks like an entirely different car... I'm stoked.

For those who are wondering... I legit used "Easy Off" oven cleaner... I sprayed it on the stripes, and let it sit anywhere from 20 minutes to almost an hour in some spots (roof). Then it literally wiped right off without any hassle. Once it was all off, I wet sanded with 1000 grit, followed by 2000 grit. Followed that up with a heavy cut buffing, a medium cut buffing, a polishing/swirl remover buffing, then a coat of wax. The car LEGIT looks brand new (minus the small random rock chips on the front bumper/hood).

And since I've been asked before...and I know I said otherwise but... I'm planning on getting a Hondata FlashPro... I drive a lot to and from work, so having the ability to run a fuel-economy tune when I want to will be nice. After the FlashPro, I'm concentrating on suspension mainly, because I really want to Auto-X this coming summer with @XpL0d3r

Anyone have any suggestions on coil-overs? I've been looking at Teins...mainly because of their price. I had Tein S-Techs on my del Sol and they rode fantastic. My overall price range will be in the $800-$900 range...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys. I'm BEYOND happy with how it all looks. This morning I'm finishing up the roof, then it'll be all done (minus two small spots...3rd brake light area on the spoiler and the other side of the front grill). It literally looks like an entirely different car... I'm stoked.

For those who are wondering... I legit used "Easy Off" oven cleaner... I sprayed it on the stripes, and let it sit anywhere from 20 minutes to almost an hour in some spots (roof). Then it literally wiped right off without any hassle. Once it was all off, I wet sanded with 1000 grit, followed by 2000 grit. Followed that up with a heavy cut buffing, a medium cut buffing, a polishing/swirl remover buffing, then a coat of wax. The car LEGIT looks brand new (minus the small random rock chips on the front bumper/hood).

And since I've been asked before...and I know I said otherwise but... I'm planning on getting a Hondata FlashPro... I drive a lot to and from work, so having the ability to run a fuel-economy tune when I want to will be nice. After the FlashPro, I'm concentrating on suspension mainly, because I really want to Auto-X this coming summer with @XpL0d3r

Anyone have any suggestions on coil-overs? I've been looking at Teins...mainly because of their price. I had Tein S-Techs on my del Sol and they rode fantastic. My overall price range will be in the $800-$900 range...
I'm happy with my Tein Street Advance, though I really wanted something with Swift springs. If the cost of them wasn't 1/5 of what I paid for my car in total. Fortune Auto 500 with Swift springs would be my choice. I did some research into their company and they definitely make good quality products.

And yay for Auto-x! It's a blast.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cant believe you used oven cleaner lol. Thats badass

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm happy with my Tein Street Advance, though I really wanted something with Swift springs. If the cost of them wasn't 1/5 of what I paid for my car in total. Fortune Auto 500 with Swift springs would be my choice. I did some research into their company and they definitely make good quality products.

And yay for Auto-x! It's a blast.
Ive heard of Swift, but...never really looked into them. I'll have to see what I can come up with...

Cant believe you used oven cleaner lol. Thats badass
Yea you aren't kidding. At first I was using lacquer thinner on a rag, and just buffing them out by hand. That got old REAL quick...plus the paint was pretty thick in some areas where it would have literally taken HOURS just to do a small section. I remembered when I was detailing back in the day, that a guy would spray oven cleaner on the ENTIRE side of a car, and go to lunch. Then come back, and just wipe away any painted on lettering, as well as decals. So I thought I'd give it a try. It IS quite abrasive...so wet sanding afterwards is a MUST.