New coilovers now car is bouncy, help!

tyrexus

Respected
I got the height adjustable coilovers installed with new lower control arms (aftermatket) and sway bar 24mm. Now my car bounces too much on every bump. Someone suggested getting a low profile set of tires on new rims. Google is very vague on the topic. Help?!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Before tightening the front and rear lower controls arm bolts, did you jack up each corner to ride height to set the preload? Alternatively you can wait until the car is on the ground to tighten all bolts running through a bushing. Lower profile tires will not affect the ride comfort in a good way.

tyrexus

Respected
I understand that lower profile tire will make you feel every bump on the road. My real problem is that I get launched off my seat. The coilovers and rear lower control arms and sway bar were installed by a shop that specializes in aftermaket parts for older generation civics, acuras etc. I assumed the new what they were doing.

tyrexus

Respected
They are all about sports tuning.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Specifically what parts were installed and were you going from stock springs to coilovers?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please specify the brand and model of equipment used. No amount of adjustment could make no-name or cheap quality products ride well.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess you didnt realize that Blox makes "racing" designed coilovers only, meaning the ride is suppose to be very stiff. Thats a counterproductive choice for a daily driver. If you can return the Blox's then you should and call the extra fees a loss for long term comfort and quality gains if you select a better suiting coilover set.

Oh, and google is NOT vague if you research well enough because I can guarantee I'll find clear answers within 5 minutes of dedicated research. I dont mean to be rude, but quite honestly you clearly didnt thoroughly research your purchase choice.

tyrexus

Respected
I guess you didnt realize that Blox makes "racing" designed coilovers only, meaning the ride is suppose to be very stiff. Thats a counterproductive choice for a daily driver. If you can return the Blox's then you should and call the extra fees a loss for long term comfort and quality gains if you select a better suiting coilover set.

Oh, and google is NOT vague if you research well enough because I can guarantee I'll find clear answers within 5 minutes of dedicated research. I dont mean to be rude, but quite honestly you clearly didnt thoroughly research your purchase choice.
Your sure know how make people like s**t though. End of thread. Thanks for all your input either way.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you aint gata lie to kick it, did you buy sleeves from ebay and put em on your busted ass stock shocks?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your sure know how make people like s**t though. End of thread. Thanks for all your input either way.
How did I make you a fecalpheliac?

I couldve easily chastised you like a jerk, but it was constructively said. Its a learning lesson. Be mature, admit you made a mistake then move on. Its that simple. Otherwise, youre more likely to repeat similar mistakes.

tyrexus

Respected

dancam

Registered VIP
Does it launch you off your seat because its as stiff as a board when you hit bumps or because the suspension travels really far and then throws the back end up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyrexus

Respected
Does it launch you off your seat because its as stiff as a board when you hit bumps or because the suspension travels really far and then throws the back end up?

I tried pushing the rear corner of the car and I saw more movement from the tires flexing than the actual suspension; stiff as a board I guess.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, suspension does take up to a few weeks to settle in a soften a little, but it likely wont soften up much if its as stiff as you describe. If returning them isnt an option for you then you'll need to learn to accept having a rough ride. Maybe put a feeler out locally to swap them for something more to your liking.

dancam

Registered VIP
I tried pushing the rear corner of the car and I saw more movement from the tires flexing than the actual suspension; stiff as a board I guess.

Oh? What size tires do you have? (Not just the rim size but the tire) and what pressure are your tires at?

tyrexus

Respected
Oh? What size tires do you have? (Not just the rim size but the tire) and what pressure are your tires at?

195/55/15 29 PSI front, 28 back. I lowered then from 32 and there was a bit of improvement. Don't want to put them lower than that.