Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Kerry, there are some other pics one page back as my last post. It has some of the diffuser =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sunday I was able to get the car out and shake it down. But really, I just beat on it...lol. Here are a few videos ... =) One more is to be posted, at least. But I'm waiting on YouTube to finish the trim I made, two days ago...lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just a few more from the Dragon ;) Thanks to Chester =))

Packed and ready to go racing!

Ready to autocross!!!

Home after...

Tad bit of splitter rub. Do werk.

(Edited by mportedcivicsi)

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
that first pic is full of win!
this whole tread is full of win! lol i really like the staggered 6ul's. sorry if its been answered earlier but how difficult was it to make the 9" wides fit? they seem to sit pretty similar to my 15x8 +25s up front but i feel like they would rub on the inside at full lock? is this true?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this whole tread is full of win! lol i really like the staggered 6ul's. sorry if its been answered earlier but how difficult was it to make the 9" wides fit? they seem to sit pretty similar to my 15x8 +25s up front but i feel like they would rub on the inside at full lock? is this true?
First, thank you! :D Second, I've probably answered it, but I dont mine answering again =) Things get burried in these threads and its hard to find unless you read everything.

I didnt have really any trouble fitting these wheels on. If you look on post #488, page 25 on my browser, you'll see the slight rub I had with the wheel barrel on the drop arm from the upper ball joint. It would likely be solved by just hitting the arm, where the casting is raised, with a grinder. I'll likely do that this winter while I'm doing a few other things to test. And then I'll check again for lock to lock. But to solve it I used one of my 5mm spacers on each front side, with extended studs...I DO NOT recommend spacers on stock Civic studs. The addition of the spacers sets me at x9 +31 for the front. I can turn lock to lock without rub at all. I've only rolled my OEM fenders, no pull. As to how they compare to yours, I couldnt tell you. I've just seen a lot of +25's stick out too far for my liking. Especially when running a 225 tire.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Thanks for the detailed reply! thats exactly what i needed to hear. i had read that most people run a 5mm spacer all around even with the 8" to clear the trailing arm and the spindles, but like you said a quick pass with a grinder could prob be enough to give a mm or two of clearance. i was actually considering those wheels for my integra since whenever that cars running, im figuring 225s would be nice to have. that staggered setup seems to be perfect for that tire width as far as function and appearance combined. the offset in the rear seems like it allows you to correct alot of negative camber while still running a meaty tire, and the width and offset in the front allow you to use a 225 while having a similar poke and stretch as a 205 on an 8" +25. Of course someone could just run the 8" wheel all around on 225s, but i love the slightly deeper lip that the 9" ones have as well as the more aggressive fitment. not that im into the whole hella flush stupid camber crap, but a nice fitting wheel on a meaty tire just looks so damn good. kudos to you for putting together such a great looking AND functional car! :thumbs up

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks for the detailed reply! thats exactly what i needed to hear. i had read that most people run a 5mm spacer all around even with the 8" to clear the trailing arm and the spindles, but like you said a quick pass with a grinder could prob be enough to give a mm or two of clearance. i was actually considering those wheels for my integra since whenever that cars running, im figuring 225s would be nice to have. that staggered setup seems to be perfect for that tire width as far as function and appearance combined. the offset in the rear seems like it allows you to correct alot of negative camber while still running a meaty tire, and the width and offset in the front allow you to use a 225 while having a similar poke and stretch as a 205 on an 8" +25. Of course someone could just run the 8" wheel all around on 225s, but i love the slightly deeper lip that the 9" ones have as well as the more aggressive fitment. not that im into the whole hella flush stupid camber crap, but a nice fitting wheel on a meaty tire just looks so damn good. kudos to you for putting together such a great looking AND functional car! :thumbs up
I've heard people need a 5mm on the rear due to hitting something back there, but I've NEVER had that issue. The x8 +36 clears without issue. Yet I know people who have rubbed with the exact same, on an Si or other 6th gen Civic's. So I dont know what the deal with with others, but I've never had an issue other than what I've discussed above. I hear Integra's are more prone to it, but again, I'm not familiar. And the slight pull on the tire with my setup really bothers me, but after a lot of reading and looking into it, the 225 seemed to be the faster tire over a 235 (like I was planning, or larger). One thing I know for sure, I'd never run anything smaller than a 225 on a x8 wheel. To the camber, I run what I want, but I can correct everything to OEM spec, if I wanted =)

Really though, I was only planning on running a square x8 setup, I just happened on a good deal with the staggered set. I figured I'd try and to see. I knew I could always sell the x9's if they didnt work out. But I've been very happy with the setup =)

Thanks for the kind words! And I'll assist as I can if you have any other questions =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Quick shot Friday morning =)

I didn’t take many shots, but Friday I pulled the TSX into the garage to remove the BC Type BR coils to replace with Tein Street Advance and also install Ingall's lower camber arms in the rear (2per side...freaking TSX)
Driver front was a breeze, the fronts are basically a larger version of the Si design, very easy. Passenger side, this nut rounded right out. Luckily, it was stuck enough that I hit the bolt side with the impact and it broke free.

TSX will ride sooooooooooo much better after the change out!

TSX is still in the air as there were problems with the rear end, just as we encountered with a buddies. Its almost done now though. Just a couple of things to button up. It was a busy weekend so I didn’t get to finish everything. I'll likely finish tonight and then get the car up to the dealer to have a buddy set the alignment properly.
Took the Si to Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So with getting some needed parts for the TSX, I was able to get it finished up the other day. I really dislike working on the TSX. Everything I've done on now two of them, has been nothing but problems.
Had to cut out the lower camber/tow arm...whatever one it was, I don’t recall now. I've NEVER had to cut anything out like this on my 1999, but this 2005 and my buddies 2008...cutting required. Totally worthless.

I didn’t have any time to make any adjustments before taking it to the shop as I had a rather busy day planned for Wed, both in the garage and then getting the car to its appointment...looked horrible...I'll never understand stance...it's just...ugh...

As you can see, it was pretty horrible in the before...lol. The car was rather unsafe to drive. Rear was fish tailing all over with any steering inputs. BUT it drives SOOOOOOOOO much nicer now on the Tein vs the BC BR coils. And its nice being able to fix the rear into spec. I haven’t decided on a front camber kit yet. We will see how proper rotation wears on these tires.

And the project to get the work bench built was good. Got it up and started getting things moved around and in place. Plenty left to do, but this was a huge help.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went out Sunday for the last event of the year...
My buddies ITR (that I've posted before) and I

Drove the number board off the car on my first run. Cold tires, way too stiff of a damper setting...car tried to come around on me, but I saved it...nothing too crazy...haha...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
More from last Sunday =)
First run out and like the third gate, I was pushing way too hard...but who cares! Cold tires and dampening set too stiff made for a little fun, and the guy I gave a ride along to loved it. It was his first time coming out to see autocross (he cant wait for next season to start =) ) But the car was sliding and trying to come around on me, but I did save it and still ran a faster time than like half the field =)) If you look to the left side of the frame, you'll see where my number board went flying off...haha!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Stills from a little clip Chester sent me back at the Dragon.

Brother in law and I dropped a turkey in a bucket for gobble gobble day.

And on Friday, I had cleared just enough room to get the TSX in the garage for the first time since leaving our old house last Dec. Still lots to be done in the garage, but it was nice seeing it parked in the garage.

My old AutoZone junker car cover has never fit terribly well, but I thought I'd see how it fit with the new areo...better than I thought, but still not right...haha...

And in the spirit of things, I took wifey out to a Christmas tree farm to cut a fresh tree for her first time. Picked an 8ft tree, which is perfect as there is only an inch or two to spare after the topper is on. We planned for that 9ft ceiling just right...haha...

And a little festive entryway...more things coming. We just pulled out a few things as we needed to buy a few as well. But we wont be going all out with lights and crap. We both find lights all over the house to be tacky...especially those blow up things...sorry if you like them :p We like it simple.