Sub and amp problem

daltonshirley68

I have a 92 honda civic hatchback cx and I just bought a amp and sub and my amp keeps on shutting off and then when I move the ground wire or sometimes the fuse for the amp then it kicks back on then I go somewhere and it kicks off again I got it ground on the bolt for the think for the hatch window that keeps the window up I took that bolt out and put the wire behind it then tighten it down is that a good ground is that why it keeps on shutting off I know this ? Probably not allowed on this form but I can't figure it out

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not sure what you're refering to on the hatch that you used as a ground, but that sounds like its probably the problem. Can you post a picture of it? If you have a bad ground, your system wont work properly. Also, your fuse for the amp should be near the battery, within the first 3 feet of wire I believe. Are you sure the wiring is connected well? Please list your amp, sub, wire gauge used, and fuse amperage used. Your issue could be caused by a combination involving some of that.

Also, I summed up your title to get you more attention. Otherwise, it seemed like a greeting the way it summarized in the recent post listing from being too long a phrase.

Last edited:

daltonshirley68

Idk what the gauge the wire is.and you know the bolt the shock goes on to keep the window up I would post pics but don't have any and it's dark outside lol.and I have a 60amp fuse at the end of my power wire before it goes into the battery.i can't fine any other ground.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is it grounded to a painted bolt? Make sure it and the area that the head of the bolt touches on the frame is free of paint. Sand it down if you need to.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it grounded to a painted bolt? Make sure it and the area that the head of the bolt touches on the frame is free of paint. Sand it down if you need to.
He's correct. Any ground connection needs to make clear contact to bare metal.