Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's gonna be one incredible paint job. What products do you plan to use that will be so pricey? Perhaps 3-4 layers of clear? Didn't you say you weren't painting the frame?
Ive gotten 2 quotes from 2 amazing shops and theyre both around $15k thats paint included. Paint and peoduct alone is over $5k. Will be using either PPG or Axalta. Also working on a spinsorship for paint so hopefully i can knock $5k off of the paint job. But thats not come to fruition just yet, but im hopeful. And there should be around 5 coats of clear.

Frame is being powdercoated. I need to get it to California asap for that.
Not Sarcastic, I've been waiting for you to finish this forever.
Hell yeah. Well in that case, thanks a bunch haha

See above

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive gotten 2 quotes from 2 amazing shops and theyre both around $15k thats paint included. Paint and peoduct alone is over $5k. Will be using either PPG or Axalta. Also working on a spinsorship for paint so hopefully i can knock $5k off of the paint job. But thats not come to fruition just yet, but im hopeful. And there should be around 5 coats of clear. Frame is being powdercoated. I need to get it to California asap for that.
Good luck with the sponsorship hunt. I can definitely understand the $5000 in supplies. $5000-$10,000 in labor means one helluva glass-like finish on those 5 coats of clear.

What color or finish are you choosing to powder coat the frame in? Any chance your painting or PCing the engine or tranny housing?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good luck with the sponsorship hunt. I can definitely understand the $5000 in supplies. $5000-$10,000 in labor means one helluva glass-like finish on those 5 coats of clear.

What color or finish are you choosing to powder coat the frame in? Any chance your painting or PCing the engine or tranny housing?
Engine and trans are ready to go already.

Frame is going to be smoothed out leaving the tig welds and then clear coated with a metallic topcoat.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New billet throttle body and Greddy elbow added as well.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice decisions. Do you intend to leave the chrome glass trims as-is or maybe color-matching them to the rims?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had to order some replacement dash parts from Japan. No overnighting parts here sadly. Hope they get here quickly since its holding up the rest of the wiring.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im curious to see the pedal set-up with that floor shape.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, damn! I assume youve sat there & tested moving your feet around, because it seems like theres a chance your left heel could get stuck moving between clutch to brake pedals.

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, damn! I assume youve sat there & tested.moving your feet around, because it seems like theres a chance your left heel could get stuck moving between clutch to brake pedals.
Yes i have set in it. We had to move the seats forward a bit and i havent set in it since, but it didnt feel weird to me.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Locked down a painter. Ordered a bunch of parts.

Getting down to getting new glass and trim and all the final products for the build hopefully.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wait those harnesses dont use cam locks!!!??? Didn't know that was an option for race harnesses?