Project HX: Efficient Style

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I performed a VIN check today and was pleasantly surprised to read that I'm the third owner and it has no reported accidents outside of my two little fender benders last year. Thats pretty d@mn clean for a 19 year history.
yes it is and being that the car only had 2 previous owners. i looked up my but i use the free ones not very detailed at all lol

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. Its no wonder my engine ran so well when I bought it. The previous owner had it just two years & barely drove it.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Yeah. Its no wonder my engine ran so well when I bought it. The previous owner had it just two years & barely drove it.
you got lucky with the purchase i wish i could find a civic like that just minus high price tag. alot of highly modded clean low mileage civics out by me are price to high >.<

so whats next for the civic since you recently got the tints done??

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you got lucky with the purchase i wish i could find a civic like that just minus high price tag. alot of highly modded clean low mileage civics out by me are price to high >.<
I did luck out in regards to the engine & tranny. It didnt have working AC and a crappy home flat black rattle can paint job, but I used all that to negotiate a great price.

so whats next for the civic since you recently got the tints done??
Now that you mention it, today I installed the EX factory option low profile spoiler. I ran out of daylight so Im wiring it in tomorrow. I hope to clean as well, then post a new photo.

I may finally just spray paint a lower grille I've been wanting to powder coat but I wont have the money for that for a while. I'm also considering wheel spacers to bring the wheels closer to the fender edge for a more flush look. That'll be further down the line.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I did luck out in regards to the engine & tranny. It didnt have working AC and a crappy home flat black rattle can paint job, but I used all that to negotiate a great price.

Now that you mention it, today I installed the EX factory option low profile spoiler. I ran out of daylight so Im wiring it in tomorrow. I hope to clean as well, then post a new photo.

I may finally just spray paint a lower grille I've been wanting to powder coat but I wont have the money for that for a while. I'm also considering wheel spacers to bring the wheels closer to the fender edge for a more flush look. That'll be further down the line.
nice the stock ex low profile wing would be a very nice touch. before i bought my mugen rep wing i was on a search for the mugen flush trunk wing.... from the looks of it i won't be finding that one either lol

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With patience, time & continued effort, your luck may change.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
With patience, time & continued effort, your luck may change.
yea i'm still jump on it any change i get... its just that the wing is super rare by today standard. even the sprint hart CPR wheels.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i'm still jump on it any change i get... its just that the wing is super rare by today standard. even the sprint hart CPR wheels.
If you refer to the spoiler I posted below, then I too would love to have that spoiler but it really is incredibly rare nowadays. Even if I found it, Im sure it would cost way more than Id be willing to pay for a spoiler for this car.
IMG_1520a.jpg

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
If you refer to the spoiler I posted below, then I too would love to have that spoiler but it really is incredibly rare nowadays. Even if I found it, Im sure it would cost way more than Id be willing to pay for a spoiler for this car.
View attachment 27260
yesss thats one of them

honestly i love the flush wings i think they look the best on the civics

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The spoiler is installed & connected. I only need to make some gaskets for the spoiler mounting surfaces because I just have some foam tape for the moment. Its a cloudy day so better pictures will have to wait.

I have high output LED SMD bulbs for the brake lights. They refract in the lens in a way that looks like the japanese sun burst.

I also spray painted the lower grille in gloss black. That should hold up until I can afford to get it powder coated.

Last edited:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I didn't realize you had 98 OEM rear lip. I had one and never got it mounted before totaling the car. Looking good.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didn't realize you had 98 OEM rear lip. I had one and never got it mounted before totaling the car. Looking good.
The lip is a replica but the spoiler is a Honda original. Thanks though :cool:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
i need to compound my roof so i can get to shine again its got a lot dirt/grease caked with it making it look flat black like the hood.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here are some clean shots with the newly installed OEM low profile spoiler & ceramic tint (35% side, 20% rear).​

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a shot of the lower grille painted in gloss black, hanging to dry (pic is rotated for a better view).
I cut slots out for the fog lights for a clean look.​

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I posted this in another thread specific to the tint selection process but I wanted it here as well.

This is Scorpion Ceramic 35% tint on the sides with SolarFX Ceramic 20% tint on the rear (he ran out of Scorpion 20%). It all has lifetime warranty so I'm fine with that. The heat reduction has improved greatly and the visibility day or night is much better than before (20% & 5%). I'm very satisfied and definitely got my moneys worth. The tint installer did a great job and was impressed with how well I did removing the old film. :mrgreen:

Here's a close up of the ceramic tint. It's very reflective so it wasn't easy to snap a clear shot.

Exterior view of the rear 20% SolarFX ceramic tint: I can now see through the glass from outside.​

Interior view: 70% windshield, 35% side glass​

Interior view: 35% side glass, 20% rear glass.
(ignore the sagging vinyl headliner)

Last edited: