Sleeves for b18B

mindlessadven

Looking around online I'm seeing Darton sleeves and Dan Bensons sleeves seem to be the ones that everyone talks about being the best. I live in the East, (Mass.) and a shop not too far, RameyBuilt, is offering LA sleeves, deck, bore, hone and O-rings for $1350. Honestly have never heard of LA sleeves but seen on another thread they aren't too bad but just wondering if I should be leaning to Darton Sleeves or Bensons instead for the price. Trying to make well over 400hp, want to get block bored to 84 or 84.5mm and sleeved for boost. (Boost by gear, 15/20 max.) Have a Type R head on on my block.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Looking around online I'm seeing Darton sleeves and Dan Bensons sleeves seem to be the ones that everyone talks about being the best. I live in the East, (Mass.) and a shop not too far, RameyBuilt, is offering LA sleeves, deck, bore, hone and O-rings for $1350. Honestly have never heard of LA sleeves but seen on another thread they aren't too bad but just wondering if I should be leaning to Darton Sleeves or Bensons instead for the price. Trying to make well over 400hp, want to get block bored to 84 or 84.5mm and sleeved for boost. (Boost by gear, 15/20 max.) Have a Type R head on on my block.
why not try them out a lot of people are already familiar to darton or benson. a lot of people by me run golden eagle sleeves or darton sleeves

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I've heard of RameyBuilt but not LA sleeves. If the shop seems legit and has cars to back them up then I doubt they would back junk sleeves.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I've heard of RameyBuilt but not LA sleeves. If the shop seems legit and has cars to back them up then I doubt they would back junk sleeves.
i've heard of LA sleeves but not many people that have used them,

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Shaun Ramey at RameyBuilt is an awesome dude, great fabricator/welder, Dude knows his s**t. His shop is in Virginia Beach, Virginia and if he is endorsing LA Sleeves then its legit. I have known the guy for years and almost took his offer to work at his shop many years several years ago. Unfortunately I was getting out of the field at the time.