H22 to EG wiring harness issue

Travis wylie

As soon as its running on plan on building it up a bit then tuning before ifo in ennis tx! Yea i cant find too much info on these into an eg!

The old a4 block did come with some nice arp studs though!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
The old a4 block did come with some nice arp studs though!
hope you kept those to put in your euro r. yea when i had my eg coupe back 6-7 yrs ago i was basicly the first and only one to swap in a F22b single cam at teh time there wasn't any writeup but i found out some pieces was interchangeable so i sorta followed the steps for doing h swap except i left some steps out that didn't pertain to me 15423_1473919772869450_3687264706194851138_n.jpg 1960781_1505737213021039_261581985351941589_o.jpg

hows the wiring going for you, i was trying to make it to honda day and fall nationals last yr but then again waiting on parts and poeple kept me from making it to the events i was suppose to compete in but hopefully this year i'll be able to make it to spring nationals and honda day

Travis wylie

You do good work Diana! How many civics have you done? I wish I could boost my d17 but it'd be way too much work lol
Well im done with most of the ecu related wires the only bugs that are left are the wires going to the drivers side shock tower

Attachments

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
i personally have only own 2 hondas but i had both for awhile but i had a lot and lot of guy friends that have civics and integra and rsx, also i forgot to ask you if your fuel pump primes if it does when you hvae it hooked up in a oem way i would check the main relay if it doesn't

also some people in the past took credits for my work and say i do shitty work by showing the hack job they did to them self and just cause im a female.... civic builds i did a lot d series b series f series h series only thing i haven't got to play with was the k series and j series when i get my shop open soon i'm going to do a C32 twin turbo build in a bubble. c series came in the NSX 32.L v6 dohc vtec=)

whe i had the single cam f series i was still smashing all the ls and stock lsv and b20... good times good times

Travis wylie

Yes i was thinking about checking the main relay and going from there! It will get turned over this weekend. I have a 99 tl with the 3.2 and i was too close to dropping that into the eg lol
I finally got the money for the h22!

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
H>all honda motors excluding v6

our motors got the nickname "k killer" since both made same hp except h was way cheaper to get and swap in while k swap was $$$$. on top of that h/f make s**t ton of power with simple mods since our motors are so restricted cause the emission regulation and what not

Travis wylie

I will take that! I'm glad someone is on my side about the h series. I dont see what is about k series... Seems like thats what more and more people are going for now

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
well k series are more compact and lighter even the k24. its contructed in full alunmin with iron sleeves. the rods are much stronger and pistons as well both can do 500, also being th that its more compact it now uses timing chain. and they have roller rockers arms as well. which was featured in the f32a k series is copies of f/h with slight tweek and being more compact

but that levels the playing field

Travis wylie

Maybe if I had more money I wouldve gone k lol
But I'm gonna check all my grounds, fuses, and relays to see if i can fire this thing up!

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
but there is a trade off. its more annoying to work with also they don't have the old distributor they have CDI ignition instead. you should get the hondata C.O.P module you can use RSX or RDX my parents got RDX
also everyone has gone k swap now especially here in NY

i saw the video of the prelude and that k20 turbo civic out by you

Travis wylie

What did the civic have it? Theres guys out by me that have the Frankenstein b series engine set ups and I'd love to smoke em

Travis wylie

Oh yea I've seen that lude...freaking crazy. Id be happy with 200 hp for now!

Diana i need your help! I cannot get this thing to start! I cant seem to figure out how to convert the 10 pin connector from the h22 to my 14 plug on the eg. What do I do??

Back to square one! I had to take off all the butt connector crap my friend did so i could see what wire is what..

Attachments

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Back to square one! I had to take off all the butt connector crap my friend did so i could see what wire is what..
they have adapters for this stuff obd2 to obd1 distubtor adapter plug

i have one in the car right now i'm using obd1 distubtor

Travis wylie

What all would i have to change if i went to obd1 distributor. It wouldnt crank today.. I pulled the eg schematics and h22 schematic so I'll go from there. Looks like im making my own harness lol

Travis wylie

I might just try and change the harness. Im running into too many problems trying to use the euro r accord harness in this civic. I'm going to pick your parts tomorrow to get an 95 ex harness since I can't make this wiring work.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I might just try and change the harness. Im running into too many problems trying to use the euro r accord harness in this civic. I'm going to pick your parts tomorrow to get an 95 ex harness since I can't make this wiring work.
yea it would make wiring super simple

Travis wylie

Im still lost guys and dont know which steps to take next. Should I get an obd1 distributor? And if so, which one? And what jumper since I have to go from and obd1 distributor to an obd2b harness? Thanks