93 randomly stalls.

james032197

So I got a 93 recently with a rebuilt engine. Found out that the gaskets were not changed. Ended up replacing the thermostat and head gaskets.

Now that it runs smoothly, except now it stalls randomly when driving and I've stopped at a light and the car takes time to start again.

Any possible solutions?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
No gasket replacement= no rebuild or worst rebuild ever.

We have almost no info to help you out. We don't even know what engine you have, 5spd or auto or anything or the EXACT circumstances of this "shutting off". No check engine light? Does the car loose all power or will the engine just shut off. We need more info.

james032197

Sorry about that. Figured out alot today. My engine is a D15B7 and am Running a 5 speed manual transmission.
When the car stalls the engine thermometer shows its still at most 1/2 there so it's not over heating. It doesn't shut down completely. I can still turn it on just have to wait a while to start the engine.

Found how to read CEL codes and found out that the fuel injection system is at fault for the stalling. And am now running some test.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

twowheelsjnl

I've had this happen to me twice now. Both times It was the cam position sensor. That little bastard sensor. First time it went bad I replaced all kinds of parts at it ignition switch,plugs& wires,cap rotor and main relay. Not saying that the sensor is the issue but don't rule it out. Most threats all talk about the main relay and switch. Unfortunately my sensor is part of the distributor. If that ends up being the case.Go OE if u can. Reasoning why I had to replace it twice.