Where to buy parts: '97 EX

lo-n-slo

Vague topic, I know. I really enjoy this forum many of you remaining members have helped me tremendously. It's a shame there's not much traffic here anymore. That being said I like you guys/gals so I'll remain here for awhile.
Where do you prefer to buy parts these days? I don't have access to the buy/sell/trade portion of this site, but from what I gather most of those postings are very old anyway.
I've exhausted craigslist in my area, not much civic related. Junk yards/pull a parts are full of "junk" not useful to me. So where do you go these days?

dancam

Registered VIP
You talking stock replacement or performance parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lo-n-slo

I wish I could find a better junk yard around here. I need a new front seats and a steering wheel. The look I envision for my EX is very close to yours, @HeX . I've been toying with ideas for wheel colors against my clover green, and I think your hx wheels would be perfect. Are those stock side skirts or aftermarket?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I could find a better junk yard around here. I need a new front seats and a steering wheel. The look I envision for my EX is very close to yours. I've been toying with ideas for wheel colors against my clover green, and I think your hx wheels would be perfect. Are those stock side skirts or aftermarket?
Take a drive down to the junkyards in Louisville. You should definitely find some great seats there that'll only need a thorough cleaning. Parts cost in the area are very low too.

FYI, HX rims only fit your EX with the use of wheel spacers due to the calipers. You could also shave down the caliper just a little but I personally dont like that idea although many have done so. I like the dark bronze tone with clover green. I know of a really good & very inexpensive powder coater in L'ville too. Send me a message if you want the info.

And yes, those are original stock side skirts with an aftermarket lip purchased on eBay.

Last edited:

lo-n-slo

Take a drive down to the junkyards in Louisville. You should definitely find some great seats there that'll only need a thorough cleaning. Parts cost in the area are very low too.
I'm in Herndon, near Ft Campbell. I don't think Louisville is too far if I can get some good interior pieces.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm in Herndon, near Ft Campbell. I don't think Louisville is too far if I can get some good interior pieces.
Oh, you'll find plenty of parts and very affordable as there arent many Civic parts hunters up there. I think you should consider swapping seats from a different car since you want to change them out anyways. I love my Honda Insight seats with the exception of the tilt adjustment being on the sides by the center armrest instead of by the doors. I'm use the that already and the much improved seat comfort, when compared to my original seats, is well worth the slight inconvenience.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
You talking stock replacement or performance parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
probably both, fb actually have sale/buy pages idk if one is in your area with your state/area included. for me i got a lot and its usually covers all of ny/nj/ct/pa area

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
FYI, HX rims only fit your EX with the use of wheel spacers due to the calipers. You could also shave down the caliper just a little but I personally dont like that idea although many have done so. I like the dark bronze tone with clover green. I know of a really good & very inexpensive powder coater in L'ville too. Send me a message if you want the info.
fun facts for you guys. the EX came with bigger disc brakes than the lower models. hx/dx/lx had 9.5" brakes in the front. EX/SI came with bigger brakes 10.2in brakes.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fun facts for you guys. the EX came with bigger disc brakes than the lower models. hx/dx/lx had 9.5" brakes in the front. EX/SI came with bigger brakes 10.2in brakes.
Yup. I couldnt remember the size difference, so thanks for the added info.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Yup. I couldnt remember the size difference, so thanks for the added info.
yep i have pictures comparing both since i recently had upgraded to DC2 integra front brakes same as the EX/SI fronts.

lo-n-slo

Oh, you'll find plenty of parts and very affordable as there arent many Civic parts hunters up there. I think you should consider swapping seats from a different car since you want to change them out anyways. I love my Honda Insight seats with the exception of the tilt adjustment being on the sides by the center armrest instead of by the doors. I'm use the that already and the much improved seat comfort, when compared to my original seats, is well worth the slight inconvenience.
I'd make the 3 hour drive if I knew i could get seats and a few other items. I need a drivers side door panel and a cruise control switch. And as far as the seats, I don't know what is compatible. Is it as easy as using EK rails and putting anything in? You can move this post if you want. I've always wanted a black civic like yours, but green is ok with the right wheels.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I'd make the 3 hour drive if I knew i could get seats and a few other items. I need a drivers side door panel and a cruise control switch. And as far as the seats, I don't know what is compatible. Is it as easy as using EK rails and putting anything in? You can move this post if you want. Didn't mean to high jack your thread. I've always wanted a black civic like yours, but green is ok with the right wheels.
as for seats what seats are you looking to put in?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Something that matches and doesn't have holes and engine grease caked to them, lol
you got a lot different option in that department. i got 3 different seats, SI seats in the car right now and in my garage i have integra GSR black leather seats and my stock seats. i've also had RSX seats in my car at one time.

i find post of someone parting out their cars all the time.....

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@lo-n-slo & @Diana Nam, I moved the discussion about Lo-n-slo's car into this thread since it is technically related.

lo-n-slo

Thanks HeX.

Y'all are awesome. I enjoy getting input from those who've already done it.
Personally I hate my gray interior, but I'm looking for items to refresh it and bring it back to life. I'd rather have black. I don't like chrome or anything "ricer". My last car was borderline with the white meshies but I thought it turned out alright. HeX, your build is spot on what I'm going for. I think instead of the HX wheels i may go back to meshies, but dark silver like yours. Bronze is an option if I can find some that aren't too flashy.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd make the 3 hour drive if I knew i could get seats and a few other items. I need a drivers side door panel and a cruise control switch. And as far as the seats, I don't know what is compatible. Is it as easy as using EK rails and putting anything in? I've always wanted a black civic like yours, but green is ok with the right wheels.
Man, Clover green is one of the nicest colors Honda has ever offered, so you have a great color to work with. I'd go with polished aluminum or a dark bronze tone like I mentioned earlier. If I had a clover green Civic, I'd paint the emblems and possibly the front grille trim ring in a bronze color and powder coat the rims in as similar color as is available. I'd even do some tasteful interior trims in the same color, but only a few as too many would look tacky. Look at my pics for ideas if that interests you.

Finding a good condition driver side door panel will be hit or miss in a junkyard, but its not impossible. I may have seen at least one when I last visited up there. But since then, one of those junkyards could've received more. It never hurts to call and ask, just make sure you ask for your correct color as there's the light grey and the dark grey (classy grey). A cruise control switch and seat should be an easy find. You could also find the door panel on eBay. I will say that it took me a while to find the driver side door panel at a price I felt was reasonable.

This list below is from this '96-'00 Civic compatibility thread, which shows the front seats that will fit your Civic while needing only a seat rail swap from your existing seats.

•92-95 Civic w/EK rails
•94-01 Integra w/EK rails
•97-01 CR-V w/EK rails
•92-97 Del Sol w/EK rails
•97-01 Prelude w/EK rails
•97-02 Accord Coupe w/EK rails
•01-03 CL w/EK rails*Requires 12v for heat feature

lo-n-slo

Thanks @HeX, that's what I was looking for. Btw, I did the Deep Creep and some other work, posted it in my cold start thread.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks @HeX, that's what I was looking for. Btw, I did the Deep Creep and some other work, posted it in my cold start thread.
I'll go take a look. I'm glad be of good assistance.